Presentation on theme: "Partner: Spain Ceutí, May 09 QUESTIONNAIRE IN OUR HIGHSCHOOL EUROPEAN PROJECT COMENIUS “A NEW REALITY” Partner: Spain (DATE: MAY 2009) CONTENTS: 1.STATISTICAL."— Presentation transcript:
Partner: Spain Ceutí, May 09 QUESTIONNAIRE IN OUR HIGHSCHOOL EUROPEAN PROJECT COMENIUS “A NEW REALITY” Partner: Spain (DATE: MAY 2009) CONTENTS: 1.STATISTICAL UNIVERSE: THE SAMPLE 2.PROFILE OF THE POLLED 3.SOCIETY AND INMIGRATION 4.EDUCATION AND INMIGRATION 5.CONCLUSIONS OBJECTIVE: Determine the causes and the reasons of the inmigration relating them, as far as posible to the economic studies realized in the project.
1. STATISTICAL UNIVERSE: THE SAMPLE STATISTICAL UNIVERSE 935 All the group connected with the highschool “Felipe de Borbón”: Spanish pupils: 400 Inmigrant pupils:100 Families of national pupils : 200 Families of inmigrant pupils : 100 Educational community: 80 Businesspeople: 35 STATISTICAL SAMPLE 107 With the intention that the sample be sufficiently representative of the universe to study, we surveyed the following people: Spanish pupils : Secondary school: 43 Baccalaureate and Vocational education: 43 Inmigrant pupils: Secondary school: 5 Baccalaureate and Vocational education : 6 Families of nacional pupils : 6 Families of Inmigrants pupils : 6 Educational community : 22 Businesspeople : 7
THEY DO NOT IDENTIFY THEMSELVES with members of OTHER NATIONALITIES INMIGRANTS seek: JOB QUALITY OF LIFE INMIGRATION IS sometimes NEGATIVE 25% Inmigrants, 50% Spanish They all have FRIENDS OF OTHER NATIONALITIES (90%) They all see RACIST BEHAVIOURS in their ENVIRONMENT They have suffered VERBAL OR PHYSICAL ATTACKS 45% - 50% THEY DO NOT REJECT because of race, religion or thought (80 %-100%) THEY RESPECT DIFFERENCES in people (80%-100% They are IN FAVOR OF EQUALITY between people (90%) 2. PROFILE OF THE POLLED SOCIAL INTEGRATION RACISM
3. SOCIETY AND INMIGRATION They are doing the WORK that SPANISH DO NOT WANT (the field) Only in SOME CASES they receive the SAME SALARY as Spanish (70%) It is NOT EASIER for inmigrant WOMEN TO FIND A JOB (50%) Inmigrants come from America (Ecuador) and from Africa (Marrocco) Inmigrants see RACIST FEATURES in their NEIGHBORHOOD (50%) The inmigrants and national workers HAVE PRACTICALLY THE SAME PREPARATION There are GOOD RELATIONS between the Spanish WORKERS and inmigrants SHARING WORKS with another nationality makes us MORE TOLERANT There is NOT an adequate POLICY OF INMIGRATION (70%) (C. Ed. 45%) Inmigrants can EASILY come TO SPAIN without any handicap (50%)
4. EDUCATION AND INMIGRATION Do inmigrant families consider EDUCATION AS THE SPANISH ONE ? (NO Spanish pupils 60%) (YES The rest 75%) SHARING CLASSROOM with other nationalities makes us be MORE TOLERANT (70% - 100%) The EDUCATIONAL CENTRES are the SUITABLE place to FOMENT THE INTEGRATION (YES -60% to 100% of inmigrants families) ATTENDING TO CLASS will HELP them in the future (84% Nationals – 100% Inmigrants) The PROBLEMS with classmate ARE SOLVED TALKING (50%) Inmigrant students are TOTALLY INTEGRATED (63%) If your friends suggest you NOT TO GO TO CLASS, only 15% WOULD NOT GO
4. EDUCATION E INMIGRATION (2) THE SCHOOL ABSENTEEISM harms and INFLUENCES the DISCRIMINATION of the inmigrant families (50% -70%) The INMIGRANT pupils DO NOT HAVE THE SAME EDUCATIONAL LEVEL,there has been necessary a ADJUSTMENT CURRICULAR and the rest of the CLASS has seen his ATTENTION REDUCED (Pupils 35%) (School Community( 59%) SPANISH FAMILIES think that their CHILDREN DO NOT have any PROBLEMS with INMIGRANTS (83%) SOMETIMES there are PROBLEMS with INMIGRANT pupils in the CLASSROOM (50%) A GREATER COMUNICATION between students and teachers would help to a BETTER ENVIRONMENT and INTEGRATION ( Students100%; School Community 70%; Families 75%) Do inmigrant families consider EDUCATION AS THE SPANISH ? (NO Spanish pupils 60%) (YES The rest 75%)
5. CONCLUSIONS The inmigrants realize frequently the WORKS that the SPANISH DO NO WANT. The INMIGRANT pupils DO NOT HAVE THE SAME EDUCATIONAL LEVEL, there has been necessary an ADJUSTMENT CURRICULAR. There is NOT an adequate POLICY OF INMIGRATION. Inmigrants ENDURE RACIST ACTS in their neighborhood, in the school and at work. SOCIAL INTEGRATION RACISM The economic RECESSION IS NEGATIVELY affectting the process of INTEGRATIONS OF INMIGRANTS. The INMIGRANT pupils DO NOT HAVE THE SAME EDUCATIONAL LEVEL, there has been necessary an ADJUSTMENT CURRICULAR.