Presentation on theme: "Unit 2 This year we are training more carefully. 3 3 Sports."— Presentation transcript:
Unit 2 This year we are training more carefully. 3 3 Sports
Teaching aims 1. Key vocabulary and structure: beat, careless, coach, train, practice, warm up, it gets dark earlier; this year we are training more carefully. 2. Reading aims: to skim the text on sports and understand its main idea. 3. Affection: to encourage students to make his favorite posters.
beat / bi:t / careless /'keəl ə s/ coach / kə ʊ t ʃ / cheer…on against / ə'genst / fan club train / tre I n / practice /'præktIs warm /w ɔ :m/ 粗心的 ; 疏忽的 adj. 用欢呼声激励；为 …… 加油 教练 n. 球迷 ( 或影迷、歌迷 ) 俱乐部 v. ( 在比赛或战斗中 ) 对 … v. 训练；操练 v. 练习 n. 打败 ; 战胜 v. 使暖和 ; 使温暖 v. Words and expressions
Do you like watching the Olympics? How many Olympics champions( 奥运冠军 ) do you know?
Do you know who they are?
train v. （体育）训练，操练 beat v. 打败；战胜
against prep. （在比赛或战斗中）对（某人或某物）
coach n. 教练
careless adj. 粗心的；疏忽的 pass v. 传递；传送 e.g. Last year we were careless when we passed the ball and we lost to the other team. So this year we train more carefully.
fan club 球迷（或影迷，歌迷）俱乐部 cheer…on 用欢呼声激励；为 …… 加油
loudly adv. 响亮地；大声地 quiet adj. 寂静的；安静的
1.Work in pairs. Talk about the pictures. Use the words and expressions in the box to help you. beat careless cheer…on coach fan club play against train
2 Read the passage and complete the table. Training hard By Li Daming It is Saturday tomorrow, but I am going to school. I am not going for lessons, but to play football. I am in our school team and we are going to play against another school next week. The practice starts at 10 am. We all arrive as early as we can so that we have
time to warm up. We are training harder than usual because the other team beat us last year. This year we want to do better. It is more difficult to practice in winter because the days are short and the weather is cold too. It gets dark earlier, so it is important not to be late for after-school practice. Our coach is pleased because we are playing better as a team now. Last year we were
sometimes careless when we passed the ball and we lost to the other team in the final match. What a pity! This year we are training more carefully. That means we have a better chance of winning. The fan club has fewer people this year. We hope to play well so that we have more fans to watch the matches. It is good to have our fans around. They cheer us on loudly and we feel more confident to win the game.
What Why 1 We arrive __________________. We have time to warm up. 2 We are training _________ than _________. 3 It is ___________ to practice in winter. 4. Our coach is ______________. as early as we can harder usual The other team beat us last year and this year we want to do better more difficult The days are shorter and the weather is cold too. pleased We are playing better as a team now.
3 Complete the passage with the words in the box. against chance coach practice short usual We all know (1)___________makes perfect. But it is more difficult to practise in winter because the days are (2) ________and it is cold. The team is training harder than (3)________. practice short usual
Their (4)________ is pleased with them. They are going to play (5) ________a team from another next week, and they have a good (6) ________ of winning. coach against chance
badly carefully carelessly difficult early easy late quickly slowly well 4 Put the words in the box into pairs with opposite meanings. Sample: badly － well carefully carelesslyearly late quickly slowly easy difficult
1. I am in our school team and we are going to play against another school next week. 我是校队成员，我们（队）下周将要和另一 学校比赛。 against 介词，反对，与 …… 对抗 e.g. Germany will play against brazil in the world cup final tonight. 今晚德国队将和巴西队争夺世界冠军。 Language points
2. … so that we have time to warm up. …… 以便我们有时间热身。 so that 以便， 用来引导目的状语从句 e.g. Please turn the radio a bit so that grandpa can hear clearly. 请把收音机调大点以便爷爷能听清楚。 Warm up 热身，做准备活动 e.g. The runners are warming up before the race. 赛跑选手正在做赛前热身。
这两个词都有 “ 获胜, 打败 ” 的意思, 但其后宾 语不同。 beat 是 “ 打败, 优于 ” 的意思, 后面接人 或队。如 : We beat them. 我们打败了他们。 win 指 “ 赢, 获胜 ”, 后面接比赛、名次。如 : We won the match/game/race/the first place. 我们赢了这场比赛 / 获得了第一名。 3.win 与 beat
4. That means we have a better chance of winning. 这意味着我们有更大的获胜机会。 have a chance of doing sth. “ 有..... 的机会, 有 …… 可能，有 …… 希望 ” 。 You will have a better chance of passing your exams if you work harder. 如果你再用功些，通过考试的可能性就更大。 If we hurry up, there ’ s still a good chance of catching the plane. 要是我们抓紧点，还有可能赶上飞机。
5. They cheer us on loudly and we feel more confident to win the game. 他们（球迷）大声地为我们加油欢呼，我 们感到更有信心赢得比赛了。 cheer sb on 的意思是 “ 为 …… 加油 ” 。如： People cheered their favorite player on. 人们为他们最喜爱的运动员喝彩加油。 They gathered round the swimming pool and cheered her on. 他们围在游泳池周围，给她加油。
Complete the sentences so they are true for your school basketball team. You can use at that time/ yesterday/ last week/ last month/ last year… to talk what people did in the past; and use now/ today/ this week/ this month/ this year… to talk about what they do now. 5
1.It is … and the basketball team… 2. The practice starts at… but they… 3. Last year… 4. This year… 5. The coach is pleased/is not pleased with them because… 6. So they now have a better/ poor chance of…
Writing 5 Complete the sentences so they are true for your school basketball team. 1 It is … and the basketball team … 2 The practice starts at … but they … 3 Late year … 4 This year … 5 The coach is pleased / is not pleased with them because … 6 So they now have a better / poor chance of …
You can use at that time/ yesterday/ last week/last month/ last year… to talk about what people did in the past; and use now/ today/ this week/ this month/ this year… to talk about what they do now.
__________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ __________________________________ 6 Add some more details about your school basketball team. Write a passage. Your content can refer to the information in exercise 5. It is Saturday morning and the school basketball team is training hard. …
…so that… It is difficult/ important to … What a pity! We have a chance of … We hope to … 本课时主要句型 课后回顾
一、根据句意及首字母提示补全下列单词。 1. I’ll meet you at the u______ time. 2. Are you p______ with your new car? 3. David never misses the c______ of a free meal. 4. It takes hours of p______ to learn to play the guitar. 5. Tom wants to be c______ when he grows up. sual leased hance ractice oach
二、适当形式填空 1.This car is_____________ (beautiful) than that one. 2.Paul is________________ (hard-working) than his sister. 3.It`s much ________(hard) to learn to drive than to learn to ride. 4. He can draw as (good) as his father. 5. Mary isn't as (care) as Kate. 6.The weather today is even (cold). 7. Our city is becoming and (beautiful). more beautiful more hardworking harder well careful colder more more beautiful
1. The girl doesn’t run _____ the boy. A. much faster as B. as fastest as C. more careful than D. so fast as 2. The young man drives _____ than he did three months ago. A. much carefully B. much more careful C. much careful D. much more carefully 二、选择题 D D
3. Don ’ t worry too much. I am sure everything is going on _____ with you ． A. good B. fine C. well D. nice 4 ． ---Mary won’t go shopping this afternoon. ---I won’t go _____ ． A. either B. yet C. also D. too C A
5. The car is running _____. It seems to be flying ． A. more and faster B. more and fast C. fast and fast D. faster and faster I have three English dictionaries ． ---I have nine. I have three times ____ you. A. as much as B. as many as C. as little as D. 1ess than D B
1. — What’s wrong with you today? — I am quite upset. — Cheer up! The more you smile, the _______ you will feel. (2012 广东湛江 ) A. happy B. happier C. happily D. More happily
2. — Do you know sound travels very fast? — Yes. But light travels ________ sound. (2012 湖北荆州 ) A. as fast as B. a little faster than C. much faster than D. slower than 3. The smile on his teacher’s face shows that she was ________ with my work. (2007 佛山 ) A. angry B. pleased C sad
4. — Would you mind staying in such a noisy room? — No, but my son needs a _________ place to study in. (2011 宁波 ) A. cleaner B. quieter C. safer D. smaller
5. Some students are so _______ that they often make mistakes in their homework. (2011 聊城 ) A. careful B. serious C. careless D. successful 6. My sister has practiced tennis for a long time. She plays tennis _____ you. (2011 德阳 ) A. as good as B. so well as C. as well as
Homework Try to use comparative adjectives and adverbs form to describe the difference between two kinds of ball sports.