Presentation on theme: "This year we are training"— Presentation transcript:
1This year we are training SportsModule3Unit 2This year we are trainingmore carefully.
2Teaching aims 1. Key vocabulary and structure: beat, careless, coach, train, practice, warmup, it gets dark earlier; this year we aretraining more carefully.2. Reading aims:to skim the text on sports and understandits main idea.3. Affection:to encourage students to make his favoriteposters.
13beat careless cheer…on coach fan club play against train 1.Work in pairs. Talk about the pictures. Use the words and expressions in the box to help you.beat careless cheer…on coach fan club play against train
152 Read the passage and complete the table. Training hardBy Li DamingIt is Saturday tomorrow, but I am going to school. I am not going for lessons, but to play football. I am in our school team and we are going to play against another school next week. The practice starts at 10 am. We all arrive as early as we can so that we have
16time to warm up. We are training harder than usual because the other team beat us last year. This year we want to do better.It is more difficult to practice in winter because the days are short and the weather is cold too. It gets dark earlier, so it is important not to be late for after-school practice.Our coach is pleased because we are playing better as a team now. Last year we were
17sometimes careless when we passed the ball and we lost to the other team in the final match. Whata pity! This year we are training more carefully.That means we have a better chance of winning.The fan club has fewer people this year. Wehope to play well so that we have more fans towatch the matches. It is good to have our fansaround. They cheer us on loudly and we feelmore confident to win the game.
181 We arrive __________________. We have time to warm up. WhatWhy1 We arrive __________________.We have time to warm up.2 We are training _________ than _________.3 It is ___________ to practice in winter.4. Our coach is ______________.as early as we canharderThe other team beat us last year and this year we want to do betterusualmore difficultThe days are shorter and the weather is cold too.pleasedWe are playing better as a team now.
193 Complete the passage with the words in the box. against chance coachpractice short usualWe all know (1)___________makes perfect. But it is more difficult to practise in winter because the days are (2) ________and it is cold. The team is training harder than (3)________.practiceshortusual
20Their (4)________ is pleased with them. They are going to play (5) ________a team fromanother next week, and they have a good(6) ________ of winning.coachagainstchance
214 Put the words in the box into pairs with opposite meanings.badly carefully carelessly difficultearly easy late quicklyslowly wellSample: badly－wellcarefully carelesslyearly lateeasy difficultquickly slowly
22Language points1. I am in our school team and we are going to play against another school next week.我是校队成员，我们（队）下周将要和另一学校比赛。against 介词，反对，与……对抗e.g. Germany will play against brazil in the world cup final tonight.今晚德国队将和巴西队争夺世界冠军。
232. …so that we have time to warm up. ……以便我们有时间热身。so that 以便， 用来引导目的状语从句e.g. Please turn the radio a bit so that grandpacan hear clearly.请把收音机调大点以便爷爷能听清楚。Warm up 热身，做准备活动e.g. The runners are warming up before the race.赛跑选手正在做赛前热身。
243.win与beat这两个词都有“获胜, 打败”的意思, 但其后宾语不同。beat是“打败, 优于”的意思, 后面接人或队。如:We beat them. 我们打败了他们。win 指“赢, 获胜”, 后面接比赛、名次。如:We won the match/game/race/the first place 我们赢了这场比赛/获得了第一名。
254. That means we have a better chance of winning. 这意味着我们有更大的获胜机会。have a chance of doing sth.“有.....的机会,有……可能，有…… 希望”。You will have a better chance of passing yourexams if you work harder.如果你再用功些，通过考试的可能性就更大。If we hurry up, there’s still a good chance ofcatching the plane.要是我们抓紧点，还有可能赶上飞机。
265. They cheer us on loudly and we feel more confident to win the game.他们（球迷）大声地为我们加油欢呼，我们感到更有信心赢得比赛了。cheer sb on 的意思是“ 为……加油”。如：People cheered their favorite player on.人们为他们最喜爱的运动员喝彩加油。They gathered round the swimming pooland cheered her on.他们围在游泳池周围，给她加油。
275Complete the sentences so they are true for your school basketball team.You can use at that time/ yesterday/ last week/ last month/ last year… to talk what people did in the past; and use now/ today/ this week/ this month/ this year… to talk about what they do now.
28It is … and the basketball team… The practice starts at… but they…Last year…This year…The coach is pleased/is not pleased with them because…So they now have a better/ poor chance of…
29Writing 5 Complete the sentences so they are true for your school basketball team.1 It is … and the basketball team…2 The practice starts at …but they …3 Late year…4 This year…5 The coach is pleased / is not pleased withthem because…6 So they now have a better / poor chance of …
30Learning to learnYou can use at that time/ yesterday/ last week/last month/ last year… to talk about what people did in the past; and use now/ today/ this week/ this month/ this year… to talk about what they do now.
316 Add some more details about your school basketball team 6 Add some more details about your school basketball team. Write a passage. Your content can refer to the information in exercise 5.It is Saturday morning and the school basketball team is training hard.…__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
32课后回顾 本课时主要句型 …so that… It is difficult/ important to … What a pity! We have a chance of …We hope to …
33I’ll meet you at the u______ time. Are you p______ with your new car? 一、根据句意及首字母提示补全下列单词。I’ll meet you at the u______ time.Are you p______ with your new car?David never misses the c______ of a free meal.It takes hours of p______ to learn to play the guitar.Tom wants to be c______ when he grows up.sualleasedhanceracticeoach
34more beautiful more hardworking harder well careful colder more 二、适当形式填空1.This car is_____________ (beautiful) than that one.2.Paul is________________ (hard-working) thanhis sister.3.It`s much ________(hard) to learn to drive thanto learn to ride.4. He can draw as (good) as his father.5. Mary isn't as (care) as Kate.6.The weather today is even (cold).7. Our city is becoming and(beautiful).more beautifulmore hardworkingharderwellcarefulcoldermoremore beautiful
35二、选择题1. The girl doesn’t run _____ the boy. A. much faster as B. as fastest as C. more careful than D. so fast as 2. The young man drives _____ than he did three months ago. A. much carefully B. much more careful C. much careful D. much more carefully DD
363. Don’t worry too much. I am sure everything is going on _____ with you． A. good B. fine C. well D. nice 4．---Mary won’t go shopping this afternoon. ---I won’t go _____ ． A. either B. yet C. also D. too CA
375. The car is running _____. It seems to be flying． A. more and faster B. more and fast C. fast and fast D. faster and faster 6. ---I have three English dictionaries． ---I have nine. I have three times ____ you. A. as much as B. as many as C. as little as D. 1ess thanDB
38中考链接 1. — What’s wrong with you today? — I am quite upset. — Cheer up! The more you smile, the_______ you will feel. (2012广东湛江)A. happy B. happierC. happily D. More happily
392. — Do you know sound travels very fast? — Yes. But light travels ________ sound.(2012湖北荆州)A. as fast as B. a little faster thanC. much faster than D. slower than3. The smile on his teacher’s face shows thatshe was ________ with my work.(2007佛山)A. angry B. pleased C sad
404. — Would you mind staying in such a noisy room?— No, but my son needs a _________ place to study in (2011宁波)A. cleaner B. quieterC. safer D. smaller
415. Some students are so _______ that they often make mistakes in theirhomework (2011聊城)A. careful B. seriousC. careless D. successful6. My sister has practiced tennis for along time. She plays tennis _____ you.(2011德阳)A. as good as B. so well as C. as well as
42HomeworkTry to use comparative adjectives and adverbs form to describe the difference between two kinds of ball sports.