Presentation on theme: "GOD’S HOLY WORD II Tim. 2:14-19. “ We believe that the Holy Bible is a faithful and inspired witness of God’s self- revelation in Jesus Christ and in."— Presentation transcript:
“ We believe that the Holy Bible is a faithful and inspired witness of God’s self- revelation in Jesus Christ and in history to illumine, guide, correct and edify believers in their faith and witness.”
The Bible is the Holy Word of God where we get guidance, edification, enlightenment and education. Myth, tradition, legend, allegory, parable and tales of our religious past may give us insight to our quest for truth and meaning, but ultimately we go back to the Word of God for Spiritual answers and inspiration. The Bible is the Divine Word of God.
“Remind your people of this, and give them solemn warning in God’s presence not to fight over words. It does no good, but only ruins the people who listen.”(v. 14, GNT)
“ Do your best to win full approval in God’s sight, as a worker who is not ashamed of his work, one who correctly teaches the message of God’s truth. Keep away from profane and foolish discussion, which only drove people farther away from God. Such teaching is like an open sore that eats away the flesh … “ (v. 15-17, GNT)
Why should followers of Christ study the Word of God? 1. Because we are commanded to read the Word.
“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly, dividing the word of truth.” (I Tim 2:15, KJV)
The final books of the Bible were written 3,500 years ago by inspired writers. was written AD 96-100 AD. The first five Books- written 1400B.C.
2. Because the Bible is the source where we find the message of God’s Grace and Salvation. “For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
“But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, ‘How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!’
“But not everyone welcomes the Good News, for Isaiah the prophet said, ‘Lord, who has believed our message?’ Yet faith comes from listening to this message of good news – the Good News about Christ.” (Rom 10: 13-17, New Living Translation)
3. Because it is a unique Book. The Old Testament stresses that there is only One true God. In the New Testament, Jesus claims that He is God’s only begotten Son.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.” (John 3”16-17, NLT)
4. 4. Because the Bible is one Because the Bible is one Library. It is a Book translated Library. It is a Book translated into 1,745 languages. into 1,745 languages.
5. Because the Bible provides the answer where we came from. “Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves, we are his people and the sheep of his pasture.” (Ps 100: 3, KJV)
6. Because the Bible is the Word of God “ … no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” (II Peter 1:20-21, KJV)
Version translation from original text prepared by a committee of scholars: King James Version, (KJV), Jerusalem Bible (JB) translation from original text prepared by a committee of scholars: King James Version, (KJV), Jerusalem Bible (JB) Revision a revised edition of an existing edition: New Jerusalem Version (NJV), N ew King James Version (NKJV
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.” (II Tim :16, KJV)
“But the word of God endureth forever.” (I Peter 1:25, KJV)