Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Developing Top Sales Superstars W/ Craig Lockerd CEO – AutoMax Recruiting And Training.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Developing Top Sales Superstars W/ Craig Lockerd CEO – AutoMax Recruiting And Training."— Presentation transcript:

1 Developing Top Sales Superstars W/ Craig Lockerd CEO – AutoMax Recruiting And Training

2 The Death Of A Salesman, Has The Day Arrived  Ernie Kasprowicz – GM AutoMax, Buying Experience  Researcher  Keeps Vehicles A Long Time  Will Pay More For The Right Vehicle, Right Dealership.  Went To 7 Dealerships, Test Drove 10 Vehicles  His Findings:  Not One Salesperson In The Bunch  Poor Customer Service  Lazy Attitudes  No Product Knowledge  Said His 14 Year Old Daughter Knew More  No Benefit Presentation  No Service Walk  No Value Was Shown  Started At Invoice, Went Down From There  Ernie’s Questions  Who Is Running These Stores?  Is It The Managers Fault?  Are You Just Selling Cars Despite Yourself?  Is There Even A Need For Salespeople If You’re Only Selling Price?

3 Race To The Bottom, A Race You Don’t Want To Win! “People don’t buy our products, services or ideas; they buy how they imagine using them will make them feel” Author Spencer Johnson, The One Minutes Salesperson  Treat Customers Like People  Listen Carefully To Their Needs  Follow-Up To Generate Good Will & Referrals  It’s Not Selling, It’s Helping People Feel Good About What They Buy.  Price is NOT a feeling; it is only a perception of what a potential customer thinks his or her money is worth in relationship to the product or service being offered.  Perceived value goes up…perception of the value of their money goes down.  Think about any purchase we have ever made; a $15 dollar shirt from JC Penny, first time we take it out of the plastic and button it up, how does it make you feel?

4 Race To The Bottom, A Race You Don’t Want To Win! “People don’t buy our products, services or ideas; they buy how they imagine using them will make them feel” Author Spencer Johnson, The One Minutes Salesperson  Ladies when you buy a new purse, accessory or shoes and go out in them for the first time, how does that make you feel?  Get in your car and see that 3 pointed star or that Jaguar leaping over the end of the hood, no matter the age of that car, how does it make you feel?  How many products are bought every day from a truly logical point of view? Not many if any if you really think about it.

5 Train For Top Performance  Who will train them, when will the training take place and on what topics?  We say let them train themselves and as management we merely facilitate the training meetings/sessions, make sure they are of a positive nature and all are engaged.  Training everyday or every shift if you have two or more teams set up in your store.  Topics will be developed by two sources, the salespeople themselves on which objections they are having issues in overcoming.  Hidden camera, video tape and secret shoppers.  Stop guessing on what you need to train on  Your test Drive % are low so that must be what we need training on, not so fast folks.  Test drive #’s just may be the end result of something that went wrong earlier in the sale, so how do you know, if you don’t have it on video?  For the investment of $150-$350 worth of “spy Camera Equipment” plus $50 bucks to hire a shopper you will be able to tell where the deal goes wrong early on and train on that, rather than throwing darts in the dark and guessing.  Let the staff know they are going to be shopped, have them sign something to that effect and bonus those that get shopped, regardless of the outcome.

6 Real Goal Setting Yes, we must set goals. We all know the statistics So, Why Do 3% of Harvard MBAs Make Ten Times as Much as the Other 97% Combined?  Setting Goals  Written  Specific  Know heir “Why” and why their “Why” is a MUST, rather than a should  Measure progress  Change if need be “But if I train them and they leave, all I’m doing is training them for my competition” Our answer to that of course is, “What if you DON”T train them and they stay?”

7 Questions? Craig Lockerd – –


Download ppt "Developing Top Sales Superstars W/ Craig Lockerd CEO – AutoMax Recruiting And Training."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google