- Jeopardy - This military strategy caused the western front of WWI to remain almost the same for four years. Category A 200
- Jeopardy - What is trench warfare? Category A 200
- Jeopardy - This system of support established between European countries prior to WWI ensured that many countries would be pulled into conflicts involving two or more European powers. Category A 300
- Jeopardy - What is the alliance system? Category A 300
- Jeopardy - This event served as a catalyst for the start of WWI. Category A 400
- Jeopardy - What is the assassination of Hapsburg heir Archduke Francis Ferdinand? Category A 400
- Jeopardy - This requirement in the Treaty of Versailles made Germany responsible for compensating other countries for WWI damages. Category A 500
- Jeopardy - What is reparations? Category A 500
- Jeopardy - This American is most famous for his use of mass production to produce affordable automobiles. Category B 100
- Jeopardy - This group of people advocated direct participation in government, government regulation of industry, and an end to child labor. DAILY DOUBLE
- Jeopardy - Who are the progressives? Category E 400
- Jeopardy - The name of one muckraking author and the title of the person’s work. Category E 500
- Jeopardy - Who is Ida Tarbell/The History of the Standard Oil Company OR Upton Sinclair/The Jungle? Category E 500
- Jeopardy - Welcome to Jeopardy! The fun and sneaky way to review material for the upcoming test!
- Jeopardy - And now… a brief introduction to the RULES of the GAME…
- Jeopardy - Each group must: a) SIT TOGETHER, and b) Designate a SPEAKER who will respond to the prompts (You may NOT change speakers).
- Jeopardy - The game consists of FIVE categories, each containing FIVE questions
- Jeopardy - Questions are randomly arranged, NOT by degree of difficulty
- Jeopardy - Each speaker may select only ONE question per round
- Jeopardy - Once the selected question is posted on the screen, the SPEAKER of the team has 10 seconds to respond.
- Jeopardy - The speaker may consult with teammates before responding
- Jeopardy - During the game, whispering is OK, but LOUD talking and/or disruptions DURING THE GAME may result in point loss for the entire team.
- Jeopardy - The response should be phrased in the FORM OF A QUESTION. (Words, phrases, and statements – even if correct – may be disqualified)
- Jeopardy - A CORRECT ANSWER earns the team the amount of points indicated on the jeopardy board.
- Jeopardy - If the speaker does not respond correctly within 10 seconds, the question passes on to the next team speaker, who has 5 seconds to respond.
- Jeopardy - The number of points for the correct answer at this stage are the same as for the previous team.
- Jeopardy - Questions that are not answered correctly by the selecting team are offered to the other teams in turn until a correct answer is given or all teams have guessed incorrectly.
- Jeopardy - For the Daily Double, the speaker designates the number of points – up to the max. points earned by the team. If correct, the team earns the designated points; if incorrect, they lose the designated points.
- Jeopardy - Again, whispering is OK, but remember, LOUD TALKING and/or DISRUPTIONS DURING THE GAME may result in point loss for the entire team.
- Jeopardy - The judge’s decisions are FINAL and whining, pouting, and/or complaints will NOT BE ENTERTAINED…
- Jeopardy - Final Jeopardy Topic: Early 20 th Century “ISMS” You may wager up to the amount of points your team has earned. Write your wager on a piece of paper and submit it.
Updated: April 2009 Final Jeopardy Question This ISM describes a government that controls every aspect of public and private life in a country. Often, the government uses propaganda and surveillance to maintain control.
Updated: April 2009 Early 20 th Century ISMs What is totalitarianism?