Presentation on theme: " Rev 2:12-17 –And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this: 'I know where you dwell, where."— Presentation transcript:
Rev 2:12-17 –And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this: 'I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is; and you hold fast My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. 'But I have a few things against you, because you have there some who hold the teaching of Balaam, who kept teaching Balak to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit acts of immorality. 'So you also have some who in the same way hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans. 'Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth. ' He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'
LionOxManEagle Ephesian Age Smyrna Age Pergamum Age Thyatira Age Sardis Age Philadelphia Age Laodicea Age PaulIrenaeusMartinColumbaLutherWesley Pentecost Present White HorseRed HorseBlack HorsePale Horse Swarming LocustCreeping LocustStripping LocustGnawing Locust Seven Stars: Seven Messengers Four Living Creatures: Attributes of the Holy Spirit in those who overcome Four Horses & Riders: Four Levels of maturity of the Anti-Christ Spirit
Two Trees in the Garden Two Spirits released in Pentecost Review the Deeds of the Nicolaitans Birthing of a Religious Institution. 312 AD. Edict of Milan. Matt 24:4-6 –And Jesus answered and said to them, " See to it that no one misleads you. For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will mislead many. In Pergamum two areas of emphasis… His name and His word
1. To Ephesus—Seven Stars and Seven Lampstands; unchanging through seven church ages 2. To Smyrna— The First & Last with Resurrection Power. Persecutions and False Deities 3. To Pergamum— The Living Word that Separates A. Hebrews 4:12…The Living Word. B. Ephesians 6:17… The Sword of the Spirit C. Revelation 19:13… His Name Word of God. D. John 1… In The Beginning (Logos) =Sonship
A. Satan’s Throne—Pervert the Seed. Genesis 6 strategy. 1. Babylon was the seat of Satan’s activity since Nimrod. When Babylon fell to the Persians, the existing priest/King Attalus fled to Pergamos with this priests and sacred mysteries. 2. The altar of Zeus has also been cited as the ‘throne’, seeing as the temple was founded high up on the city’s main hill 3. Most popular is the fact that Pergamum was the center of the worship of the Emperor (the Caesar-cult)…indicates that Pergamum was the center of the emperor cult for the whole province of Asia 1. Ungers, quite significantly, includes a drawing of ‘The Altar to Unknown Gods at Pergamos [Pergamum]’ in his entry on the city so it seems reasonable to assume that Pergamum was similar to Athens in this sense where Luke noted that ‘the city was full of idols’ (Acts 17:16
1. The Lord’s Witness; the Faithful one Cor 10:20-22—No, but I say that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers in demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons. 3. Antipas like Steven is specifically identified. Most likely a vocal leader.
1. The spirit of Balaam=Merchandising the anointing for unrighteous gain and false teaching. Numbers Peter 2:15-16—Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray, having followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; but he received a rebuke for his own transgression, for a mute donkey, speaking with a voice of a man, restrained the madness of the prophet. 3. Defeat through Compromise. In contrast Antipas, the spirit of Balaam has the outward appearance of godliness but inwardly faithless and a false witness. introducing pagan rituals in Christian worship
1. Matured from deeds to teaching. 2. Nikao=To Conquer; Lao=The Laity 3. True leadership is Spirit selected not politically elected st century governmental and church politics. 5. God has leadership but they are not the mediators between mankind and the Father. Only Jesus Christ. 6. Current day Apostolic Hubs will eradicate the spirit and empower the people with revelation and authority to manifest His Kingdom
1. John 6; He is the Bread of Life. 2. Words of Life and Spirit. John 6: Old Testament manna as a type. Presented Israel in perfect strength. 4. Manna in the Ark of the covenant. Hebrews 9:4; Throne Room Revelation 5. The Apocalypse… Unveiling of Jesus Christ. 6. White Stone— the authority of the Bride. 7. We are to be the Word manifested in flesh—sonship.