Presentation on theme: "Unit 9 Gender Differences. Preparation Step One when control runs hospital doctor operate Step Two Yes, it is possible. The doctor is the boy’s mother."— Presentation transcript:
Step One when control runs hospital doctor operate Step Two Yes, it is possible. The doctor is the boy’s mother 1. How Is It Possible?
2. Difference Between Men and Women characteristic: Suffer more illness Have a higher rate of colorblindness Have a large brain Are more likely to have a heart attack Have more fears Live longer Like diamond shapes Miss more work
Listening I Exercise 1 Sample No, I don’t think so. A person’s IQ is not determined by his or her gender, but rather by his or her education, experience and inherent cause. Exercise 2 5, 4, 6, 2, 3 Exercise 3 1) Recite pause analysis solutions puzzled woman 2) the ending of the story implies that a woman has an IQ five times that of a man.
Listening II Exercise 1 1. At a time 2. Their brain 3. Cope more often with more than one thing/ work Have babies, look after the babies and take the main responsibility after home. 4. Personal relationships 5. Please other people 6. Central
Exercise 2 1.The woman says that men have superficial conversations about their work and their interests and that they don’t talk about personal feeling. Yes, I agree. Men seldom talk about their inside feelings because most of them think that they are tough, independent and unwilling to expose their real feelings to others. Besides, they are afraid that woman may laugh at them.
Exercise 2 2. She said that they talk about football as a way of communication with each other without saying anything really important. Yes, I agree that because like women who like talking about fashion, style, clothes, which really does not have much in it, men treat football with the same attitude.
appropriately appropriate appropriation This word is too colloquial in such a formal style.
approve approval approved approve of I don’t approve of careless people. I really approve of her approaching the problem in that way.
gender gender---specific gender gap As to how to answer this question, it is gender--- specific.
goodness Good goody goodish Nice dinner indeed! The food is good. Nice dinner indeed!There are so many goodies on the table. I don’t really like the dinner, but it is goodish. He carried quite a goodish things for a boy of his age.
participant participation participative participatory She never was willing to participate in any of the class activities.
call on The teacher never calls on her to answer questions (for answers) because she is so timid. She would call on me occasionally on Sunday when we lived in the same neighborhood hood.
fall behind Studying is like steering a ship against the tide. If you don’t advance, you will fail behind. A week’s illness made her fall behind with her study.
put away Put your clothes away in the wardrobe neatly. He has recently put away quite a large number of money in the bank.
take over The new governor will take over next week. up to Up to 10 people may attend the final. She had hope of his coming up to the last moment.
1) Over the past few decades, it has been proven innumerable time that the various types of behavior, emotions, and interests that constitute being masculine and feminine are patterned by both heredity and culture. It has been proven that…
2) The research showed that many teachers who thought they were nonsexist were amazed to see how biased they appeared on videotape. that many teachers… on videotapes who thought they were nonsexist be amazed to do sth. how biased they appeared on videotapes
1. He had a trick ___ maths exercises while listening to music. A. Of doing B. doing C. to do D. to doing 2. Mom never allowed me to go out alone after she ____. A.found me B. found me out C. found D. discovered
3.If I see ___ the door, will you see___ the windows? A.to locking, to closing B. Of locking, of closing C. To lock, to close D. of locking, of 4. They didn’t take weather into ___ when they made the plan. A. Count B. with C. by D. for
5. What’s the time ___ your watch? A. On B. with C.by D. for 6. He will certainly be sentenced since he is guilty___financial reasons. A. for B. with C. of D.about
7. Make sure that coffee is served to the guests___ A. What they like it B. As they like it C. That they like it D. how they like it 8. If there were no service people, because everyone was ___ to do such work,the professors would have to waste much time doing homework. A.shamefaced B. ashamed C. shameless D. shameful
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.