Presentation on theme: "1) What did Eddie’s mother do each night? a)The washing up. b)Read to Annette. c)Help Carol. d)Listen to Annette read. Every night, Eddie’s mother would."— Presentation transcript:
1) What did Eddie’s mother do each night? a)The washing up. b)Read to Annette. c)Help Carol. d)Listen to Annette read. Every night, Eddie’s mother would ____________________________________
2) Why did Eddie spit into the sink? a)He was angry with himself. b)His memories had put a bad taste in his mouth. c)He had just finished cleaning his teeth. d)He was trying to imitate his father. Full sentence!
3) When Eddie’s father says ‘every cloud has a silver lining,’ he is saying: a)That even when things are gloomy, there is still hope. b)That one day the family will be rich. c)Don’t worry about a thing: I will fix it. d)It is better to dream; reality is too difficult.
4) What was lost at the beach? a)The family photo album. b)A mirror. c)The dog. d)Grandad’s teeth.
5) The family’s feeling for the father is one of: a)Disrespect. b)Respect. c)Worship. d)Tolerance.
6) After the father’s death, life at the home: a)Was full of turmoil. b)Became sad and sorry. c)Drifted into a boring and pointless existence. d)Carried on, even though they had a great loss.
7) What annoyed Eddie most about the death of Jigger the dog? a)Dr. Benson being more worried about his car than the dog. b)The damage done to the doctor’s new car. c)The way in which the dog had died. d)It was his father’s dog.