Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Singapore 1 Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA) Ministry of Trade and Industry 10 Dec 2008.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Singapore 1 Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA) Ministry of Trade and Industry 10 Dec 2008."— Presentation transcript:

1 Singapore 1 Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA) Ministry of Trade and Industry 10 Dec 2008

2 2 Bilateral Relations

3 3 Negotiating History Joint Expert Group Formal Negotiations Signing of the Agreement

4 4 Product Coverage % of Domestic Exports to China Sensitive (5%) By 2009 (75%) By 2010 (85%) ACFTA CSFTA By 2012 (95%) By 2010 (95%) By 2009 (85%) Sensitive (5%)

5 5 Product Coverage Date for CutsIndicative List of Products Jan 2009Refri-freezer units; Parts for E/E machinery; Bicycle parts; Articles of iron or steel. Ethylene-propylene; Articles of plastics; Polyethers; Polyamides; Liquefied butanes. Instant coffees; Chocolates; Food preparations for infant & others; Soya sauce. Jan 2010Aviation kerosene; Diesel oils & preparations; Motor gasoline & aviation gasoline; Polypropylene; Polystyrene; Polyvinyl chloride. Compressors for refri-freezer units; Electric generating sets; Other television cameras; Transformers.

6 6 Goods Concessions – Acceleration CSFTA Sensitive List (SL) Normal Track 2 (NT2) Normal Track 1 (NT1) 99.7% of NT1 trade value Acceleration of tariff elimination for ACFTA Normal Track products by 1-3 years 9% of NT2 trade value by 2009; remaining 91% in 2010

7 7 Rules of Origin & Customs Procedures Goods considered originating if: –General rule: 40% value-add FOB price, without Asean cumulation –Product Specific Rules currently under negotiation Third-party invoicing

8 8 Services Concessions Promote greater movement of business persons between China and Singapore Hospital & Health services – e.g. China will recognise degrees from 2 medical institutions from Singapore Other professional services

9 9 Thank you


Download ppt "Singapore 1 Seminar on the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement (CSFTA) Ministry of Trade and Industry 10 Dec 2008."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google