Presentation on theme: "Best Bread Rolls Fast Focaccia Perfect Pizza. Ingredients to make 6 bread rolls: 225g strong white plain flour, ½ x 5ml spoon of salt, 1 (6g) sachet of."— Presentation transcript:
12. Cut into 6 equal sized pieces, ready to shape into rolls.
13. For a plain roll, draw the edges to the top and rock the dough backwards and forwards to make it smooth. Turn the roll over and make it into a round shape. Put on the prepared baking sheet.
14. To make a cottage roll, tear off a small piece of dough and shape each piece as if you are making a plain roll. Put the small ball of dough on top of larger one and press down with a floured finger.
15. To make a knot, roll the dough into a thin strip about 20cm long. It’s easier to do this on an area of table with little or no flour.
17. To make a plait, divide the dough into 3 pieces and roll each into a strip about 15cm long. Squeeze together at one end.
18. Plait the dough by alternately bringing the outside strips to the centre. Tuck the ends under before placing on the baking sheet.
19. To make a small cob, form a plain roll into an oval shape. Make two or three cuts through the top.
20. For hedgehog rolls, start with an oval shape and squeeze the end into a nose. Use a pair of scissors to make snips across the back.
21. The shaped rolls should look something like this.
22. Cover with a clean tea-towel and leave in a warm place to prove (rise).
23. After about 30 minutes, they should have almost doubled in size.
24. There are many ways you can ‘finish’ the rolls before baking. The seeds etc. will stick better if you brush the rolls with milk first. Finishes Dry flour Milk wash Poppy seeds Sesame seeds Sunflower seeds Pumpkin seeds Grated Cheddar Grated parmesan