3Salvation Does Come By Work But Not By Our Works It Comes from the work of Jesus
4Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of new birth, and renewing of the Holy Spirit; 6 Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior; Titus 3:5,6For by grace you are saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast Eph. 2:8,9
5“But” Jesus Doesn’t Save Us By Our Doing Good Works Jesus Did Save Us To Good worksFor by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them. Eph. 2:8,9
6Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of new birth, and renewing of the Holy Spirit; 6 Which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:5-7[This is] a faithful saying, and these things I will that you affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works . These things are good and profitable unto men. Titus 3:8 …And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful. Titus 3:14
81. It Follows The Example Of Jesus How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power: who went about doing good , and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him Acts 10:38I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world John 9:4Works are not an option, they are a must!
9Jesus Was Grace With A Face And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, ( and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth . Jn. 1:14Grace is not a cessation of works.Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, He does the works . Jn. 14:10Grace is the work of God in usand through us to do His will.
10Grace Went To Glory So We Could Work In GraceTruly, truly, I say to you, He that believes on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [ works ] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father….And I will ask the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him, neither knows Him: but you know him; for He dwell with you, and shall be in you. Jn. 14:12-17
11The Work of Grace Is The Work Of God Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil. 2:12For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Phil. 2:13But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which [was bestowed] upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me I Cor. 15:10
122. The Works of Grace Are Evidence What God has Joined together, of True SalvationWhat does it profit, my brethren, though a man say he has faith, and has not works ? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled” and you don’t give to them those things which are needful to the body; what does it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it has not works is dead, being alone. James 2:14-17What God has Joined together,let no man put asunder
13Yes, a man may say, You have faith, and I have works : show me your faith without your works , and I will show you my faith by my works James 2:18You believe that there is one God; you do well: the demons also believe, and tremble But don’t you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? James 2:19For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26
14They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus said to them, If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham Jn. 8:39
153. Works of Grace Glorify God Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works , and glorify your Father which is in heaven Jn. 5:16Dearly beloved, I beg you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; 12 Having your lifestyle honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation. I pet. 2:11
164. Good Works Of Grace Are Commanded To the wealthyCharge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good , that they be rich in good works , ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life I Tim. 6:17,18,19
17To Young MenYoung men likewise exhort to be sober minded. 7 In all things showing thyself a pattern of good works : in doctrine [showing] incorruptness, gravity, sincerity, 8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you Titus 2:6,7
18To WomenIn like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works I Tim. 2:9,10
19Every True ChristianFor the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee Titus 2:11-15
20Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21 And [having] an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water Let us hold fast the profession of [our] faith without wavering; (for he [is] faithful that promised;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works : Heb. 10:19-24
215. They Will Be The Basis Of Our Rewards In HeavenI know thy works : -- And he that over comes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: Rev. 2:26
22According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation, and another builds upon it. But let every man take heed how he builds upon it For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
23Ok, we are convinced that good works are important in the life of the believer,but what are good works?Glad you asked?Kind Deeds – Rearing ChildrenLet not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man, 10 Well reported of for good works ; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work. I Tim. 5:9,10
24Anything done for the glory of God Servant hood – Healing – Deliverance Proclaiming the Gospel – Relieving the 0ppresed12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. Jn. 14:12Anything done for the glory of GodWhether therefore ye eat , or drink , or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God I Cor. 10:31