We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byCitlali Bayne
Modified about 1 year ago
Ordinance on arrival
Indian refugee camp
Children celebrating Nakba day in a refugee camp
Refugee camp in Africa, One million people
Bagdad refugee camp
Mozambique refugee camp
Rwandan refugee camp
Thailand refugee camp
Questions: 1. Why does Nafeesa think this is a sad poem? She is sad because people are capable of treating each other badly
2. Describe the journey that the refugee in the poem must have made to get to this place. It was a terrible trip. They had no hot food or baths along the way.
3. What are statistics?. Research, data collected by researchers. It refers to numbers.
4. What is bad about describing people using statistics? You say people are like numbers. Meaningless. The people who died mean nothing.
5. What does the refugee look forward to in his new country? A bath A hot meal A good night’s sleep Medical attention A way back to their own country when all is better
6. The refugee gets nothing from his new country, not even medical attention. Why not? The country does not want them there. It’s not their responsibility to look after the refugees.
7. What excuse does the official give for this? Help has always been in short supply and now it is impossible to find.
8. Which of the words below best describe the attitude of the official to the refugee? Generous kind unsympathetic hostile unfeeling warm welcoming Unsympathetic Hostile Unfeeling
The. of and a to in is you that it he for.
Of. and a to the in is you that it at be.
The. of and a to in is you that it he was.
High Frequency Words List A Group 1. the of and.
Can you see?. I like him. When will we go? All or some.
High-Frequency Phrases First 100 Words. The people.
Lets build fluency! The people By the water You and I.
Oral Reading Fluency First 100 Most Used Phrases.
Dolch Words the of and to a in that is was.
She. up had has the my did its puts but make.
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.) Press the Esc key to stop the slide show Click this button below to start the slide.
DOLCH Sight Word Test (Say each word as it appears on the screen.)
Englewood Public Schools Englewood, Colorado 2009 A Compilation of E.W. Dolch 1936, The Reading Teachers Book of Lists, Fourth Edition,© 2000 by Prentice.
Frequency Words. a about after again all always.
List 1 Sight Words the to and he a I you it.
List 1. the List 1 to List 1 and List 1 he List 1.
First Grade Sight Words a in I and is it for.
A. as is a couldn’t does could has wouldn’t.
The people Look for some people. Write it down. By the water So there you are. Who will make it? You and I A long time What will they do?
Sight Words Complete Dolch Sight Word List Preprimer through Third.
Sight Word Phrases Group 1. the little boy a good boy.
Practice saying your sight words. Read and spell each word. Click on the down arrow to go to the next word.
I Believe … That our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
Food in Africa. About 1 billion people live in Africa. That figure looks like this: 1,000,000,000.
robert louis stevenson BED IN SUMMER By / robert louis stevenson.
Then we have. to be there that was in I have a.
Come. and down a away big blue can help.
The Green Light for Mental Health Project. My name is Gwen Ncube. I have been working on a piece of work named the Green Light Project. The Partnership.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.