We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byMolly Gelder
Modified over 2 years ago
Question and Answer Samples and Techniques
1. IN which direction and with what force will the box move?
TRUE or FALSE? 2. The forces are balanced.
3. What is the net force?
4. In which direction is the greatest force moving?
5. Are the forces balanced or unbalanced?
6. What describes how fast an object is moving?
7. What are two ways of expressing speed?
8.What two things do you need to know to find the speed?
9.What is the formula for speed?
10. If a car travels several miles in one hour, what is the UNIT for its speed?
11. Julie drives at an average speed of 50 mph on a journey of 200 miles. How long did her journey take?
12. Chris cycles at an average speed of 8 mph. If he cycles for 6 hours, how far does he travel?
13. A Blue Shark can travel a distance of 48 miles in 2 hours. What is its average speed?
14. A diver jumps from a cliff into the water. It takes him 3 seconds to fall 9.9 meters. What is the average speed of the diver?
15. A snail moves at an average speed of 2 feet every 3 minutes. At that rate, how long will it take the snail to travel 12 feet?
16. According to the graph, what is happening to the speed of the car?
17. What is the average speed?
18. In the graph below, who is faster?
19. How do you know?
20. What three things happened in this graph?
21. The graph shows an object moving east over a 25 second period on a flat surface. What is happening in the first 5 seconds?
22. What is happening from point A to point B?
23. Which line segment shows the object slowing down to a complete stop?
24. From point D to point E, are for forces balanced or unbalanced? _______ How do you know?___
25. From point E to point F, are the forces balanced or unbalanced? _______How do you know? _____________
Section 1: Describing Motion. Speed Speed is how far you travel over a period of time. Speed is expressed in the formula s=d/t (speed = distance/time).
Distance Time Distance – Time Graph. Distance Time Distance – Time Graph A Click the picture below that matches graph A.
28 JAN 15 Motion & Speed Notes
X = 3y = 4z = 8 2x Step 1X = 3 Step 22(3) 2 – 6 2 Step 4 2(9) – 6 2Step 3 18 – 12 =6.
21/04/2015 Speeding Up. 21/04/2015 Distance, Speed and Time Speed = distance (in metres) time (in seconds) D TS 1)Dave walks 200 metres in 40 seconds.
1 Speed Learning Objective: To understand and use formulae involving speed. How many units of speed can you think of?
1.Acceleration is a change in ______________ or ___________________. - Acceleration includes: - starting -stopping -slowing down -speeding up - changing.
Newton’s Second & Third Laws pgs. F16-F25 Chapter 14 Lesson 2 (simple machines is in another presentation)
Forces and Motion Demonstrate and calculate how unbalanced forces change the speed or direction of an objects motion.
Balanced and Unbalanced Forces Review What happens to the motion of an object when the forces are balanced? a.The motion changes. b.The motion does not.
Calculating Rates. Speeds Speeds are often described as rates. Ex: MPH = miles per hour MPS = meters per second In all the following slides we will use.
Science Jeopardy ForceAccelerationMysterySpeed and.
Motion & force Jeopardy Motion Vocab Motion M&G.
Jeopardy Motion and Speed Acceleration Vocabulary Newton Random Q $100
Comparing motion on a graph MEASURING MOTION. DESCRIBING MOTION Reference point – a point used for comparison Position: describes where you are (2ft in.
Motion Forces Practice Test. Directions Multiple Choice Section Choose the choice which best completes the following statements or answers the following.
Distance = Rate x Time DRT Formula. D = r x t It takes Mrs. Osthus 105 minutes to get to Sioux Falls to go Christmas shopping. If she drives an average.
Speed D. Crowley, Speed To be able to calculate speed, and to be able to predict how the forces acting upon an object will affect the speed Tuesday,
Jeopardy PE or KE? Balanced and Unbalanced Forces Graphs Pulleys and Inclined Planes Potpourri Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q $500 Q $100 Q $200 Q $300.
Speed, Distance & Time Speed, Distance, Time Calculations.
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.