Presentation on theme: "Finding your Life’s Purpose Find your gift and share it! You owe it to the world."— Presentation transcript:
Finding your Life’s Purpose Find your gift and share it! You owe it to the world
Sometimes we find ourselves off the path. But detours still prepare you for your final destination.
1. Make a list of your passions List the things you love to do, or would do simply for fun. Include things you volunteer for, sports, arts, reading, parts of your job you enjoy. If you're a billionaire, how would you choose to spend your time? Add these to your list, even if you don't do them now. Being happy is your purpose and will help you feel like you belong on this planet!
2. List of people you admire and why Name as many as you can think of. When you're done, look at the list and know that what you appreciate about others, is also in you. You are attracted to these qualities, because they speak to you, and they speak to you, because they are a part of your path. If Oprah was your list, telling the truth and being real, then living out loud would be action steps that would take you toward your purpose. Adopt these admiration's of others as a way for you to show up in the world. These are your actions
3. List things you do without thinking An eye for detail, great sense of humor, nurturing, ability to focus intently, or being playful. Consider things you've done that have gotten you into trouble--oftentimes if you turn them around and look at the positive aspects of it, you'll find a gem of a natural talent that you previously hadn't appreciated) These are your genius. Genius comes easily and profoundly, without needing to expend a lot of energy. Some people are geniuses at math or music; There are genius mothers, genius teachers, genius listeners, and genius independent thinkers. We are meant to use our genius in service of our Life Purpose. You may want to ask others for feedback, as it's common for them to see talents in us that we don't see ourselves)
4. Spend 10 minutes a day doing something from one of the lists Look at your Passions, Actions, and Genius lists, and spend 10 minutes each morning doing something from one of the lists. Draw, sing, dance, tell the truth about something you've been concealing, organize a drawer, thank someone you've been appreciating silently, take a risk and call that girl or guy.
5. Notice how you feel By definition, if you're living your life purpose, you'll feel exhilarated, excited, happy, and alive. If you're not feeling these things, go back to your lists, and see if there's anything you forgot to write down, or do the one you've been avoiding because it's so scary.
Helpful tips Contact family and friends from different stages in your life. Ask them to answer questions about how they remember you as a child, teenager etc. What did they think you were good at? What did they think you would become? Get together for coffee and see if anything else comes up. (helpful and fun exercise)