Presentation on theme: "Over-50s Housing Trends is part of a continuous education course developed by a team of specialist editors, researchers and property experts around the."— Presentation transcript:
Over-50s Housing Trends is part of a continuous education course developed by a team of specialist editors, researchers and property experts around the world for developers, financiers, planners and industry managers. It paves a clear concise path through the thickets of information overload. All the trends canvassed have started to emerge somewhere in the world. The over-50s housing market is splintering into a hundred slivers. The certainties of the past 30 years have been shattered by generational change, and seismic shifts to the social, cultural, political and economic order. This continuous study is updated every month. It reflects change as it occurs.
58. Apartments for life The Dutch concept of the Apartment for Life is only now growing around the world because baby boomers are moving through their 60s phase.The boomers want to live and die at home and every circumstance and service in between must be capable of home delivery. The concept is a tribute to the Dutch (Dr Hans Becker) and Humanitas Group). Very few nursing/care home beds. Guiding principle is 'no matter what you require it should be available in your existing home.’ That your carers are your existing multi- generational community.
59. Home forever Trend towards staying in your home and having all required goods and services delivered to the home. Beacon Hill Village/Boston It is the 'natural proclivity' of people to want to stay at home. It is a sanctuary. Now the subject of various Government policies across the developed world to encourage the trend. Seen as a cheaper alternative than funding purpose built-housing. Medical trend to hospital-in-home. Movement started by August Ladies of Beacon Hill in Boston.
60. Farm retirement New Zealand farmer converted rustic shepherds huts on a South Island farm to warm, convivial homes for retired farmers, so that they didn't have to be transported out to towns/cities, could retain their working dogs, remain in the rural community and act as a 'locum' for holidaying/ill neighbours. Interlopers are moving into the over-50s housing market and siphoning off a percentage from what we perceive is our natural birthright. Biggest threat to existing 'traditional' operators in over-50s housing/care sectors is assumption that they 'own' the sector, by dint of tradition, right knowledge of regulations and past effort. It means nothing to the potential customer.
61. Medical precincts Building over-50s housing within the catchment of medical facilities. Multi-generational housing (for short or long term occupation) within medical precincts (including training hospitals) which cater for specialist disabilities (stroke, accident rehabilitation) in a home / garden / activities environment), housing (with rent / ownership options) in same compound as GP practice, dental practice and pharmacy).
62. Growth of rehabilitation Rehabilitation is a multi-generational business opportunity. Rehabilitation is the fastest growing sector in healthcare in developed countries. It is a multi-generational growth business affecting the elderly (falls, day procedures,hip replacements), the middle years (cosmetic and anti-ageing), and the young (eating disorders / drug addiction / mental health, accidents and body enhancements. Research outcomes (stem cells, organ replacement) will drive this care speciality.
63. The diabetes opportunity Diabetes is the biggest untreated medical issue in the developed world. Nursing and care homes have new business opportunities in the renal, ophthalmic, neurological, cardiac and metabolic (ailments emanating from diabetes) fields. Specialist services need to be developed for the entire gamut of diabetes services which include treatment of adult diabetes, gestational diabetes and pre-conception planning, young onset diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, diabetic foot and dialysis.
64. Born again condominium hotels Trend to post-50 pursuit of inner peace, sense of contentment, and self-worth. A trend that is now underway in the USA and India combines an hotel, medical tourism, spa, with timeshare / rental / outright ownership / assisted living options. The emphasis is on wellbeing, meditation, yoga, spirituality, relaxation, de-stressing, relationship renewal and feelgood practices. The curative treatment centre addresses lifestyle diseases (skin disorders / ageing, bone density / obesity / digestive health).
To order any/all of the 100 plus trends in over-50s housing, contact one of our offices: UK Suite 212, 28 Old Brompton Rd, South Kensington, London, SW7 3SS Phone: +44 (0) 207 681 2020 Fax: +44 (0) 207 657 3555 www.seniorshousing.co.uk www.seniorshousing.co.uk USA Suite 1192, 1111 Desert Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89102. Phone: +1 310 684 2446 Fax: +1 323 319 9245 www.seniorshousing.us www.seniorshousing.us Or Go To The Website www.wiseowlonline.comwww.wiseowlonline.com CONTINUOUS EDUCATION SERIES