Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Victory in the Kargil War – homage to those that struggled that we may live happily!

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Victory in the Kargil War – homage to those that struggled that we may live happily!"— Presentation transcript:

1 Victory in the Kargil War – homage to those that struggled that we may live happily!

2 Introduction and Motivation

3  Nomesh Bolia, Asst Professor, Mech Engg  Education  B-Tech, Mechanical Engg IIT Bombay  PhD, Operations Research, UNC Chapel Hill  Experience  Asst Business Analyst, Infotech Financial Pvt Ltd  Jr Research Fellow, TIFR  Interests  Research: Stochastic Modeling, Supply Chains, OR  Others: Adventures, Trekking, Biking, Reading  Class Intro: Name, dept-yr/hostel, Stats, why this class?

4  Lectures:  80 mins: PM every Tuesday, III, 374  Emphasis on problem solving (numericals, proofs) in class  Beginning of classes (10 mins): Applications, presentations by students (5% for this), starting next week  Practical:  Only Weekends: Aug 25, Sep 22 (both Saturdays) – might need to change due to unforeseen circumstances  Will involve solving problems, making simulation models (using software or otherwise); presenting progress on paper

5  Minor I – 10 %  Minor II – 10 % (cumulative)  Major – 20 % (cumulative)  Surprise Quiz + Lab Part. + Project/paper + class participation: 60 ( )  4-5 surprise quizzes  Paper presentation details below  Paper Presentations + report (summary of paper):  Choose papers from journals.informs.org (Interfaces, others)  Teams of 2-3  Decide papers before minor I (EOD Aug 31 st ), else penalty of 5%  Work on it, present it after minor 2 according to schedule to be displayed, submit electronic report by Sun Nov 11 th )  Half a class of Presentations for each end: Schedule of presentations TBA (25 min + 10 mins Q&A)  Paper presentations can be substituted by projects in exceptional cases, the schedule remains the same

6  Variety of sources  Probability:  Sheldon Ross (An Introduction to Probability Models)  Vidyadhar Kulkarni (Modeling, Analysis, Design and Control of Stochastic Systems)  Simulation:  Discrete Event Simulation by George S Fishman  Best is to refer class notes

7  Any questions?  Class representative?  ids (comma separated)  All s to  Make sure you check webmail regularly, and make sure your name is there on the mailing list

8  DTMC  CTMC  Simulation  Discrete Event  Monte Carlo


Download ppt "Victory in the Kargil War – homage to those that struggled that we may live happily!"

Similar presentations


Ads by Google