Presentation on theme: "Apostolic Hubs– Stewarding the Mysteries. Stature of a Perfect Man."— Presentation transcript:
Apostolic Hubs– Stewarding the Mysteries
Stature of a Perfect Man
A. Our Mandate is to Produce Champions by this Standard Ephesians 4:13—[That it might develop] until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the [full and accurate] knowledge of the Son of God, that [we might arrive] at really mature manhood (the completeness of personality which is nothing less than the standard height of Christ's own perfection), the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Christ and the completeness found in Him. AMP
Ephesians 4:13-15—til we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, NKJV
Mysteries to be Stewarded in the Apostolic Hubs Meaning of the Greek term Mystery; in the New Testament, the translation of the Greek musterion --a derivative of muo (to shut the mouth) The meaning of the Greek: 1) a hidden or secret thing, not obvious to the understanding
2) a hidden purpose or counsel; secret will: of men; of God: the secret counsels which govern God in dealing with the righteous, which are hidden from ungodly and wicked men but plain to the godly 3) in rabbinic writings, it denotes the mystic or hidden sense: of an OT saying, of an image or form seen in a vision, of a dreamIn the KJV musterion is translated - mystery or mysteries 27 times.
4) A spiritual truth that was once hidden but now is revealed, and that, without the Spirit of Revelation, would have remained unknown
A. 1 Corinthians 2:6-10—Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory; but just as it is written;
"THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM." For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
B. Revelation 10:7-11—But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, then the mystery of God is finished, as He preached to His servants the prophets. Then the voice which I heard from heaven, I heard again speaking with me, and saying, "Go, take the book which is open in the hand of the angel who stands on the sea and on the land." So I went to the angel, telling him to give me the little book. And he said to me, "Take it and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey." I took the little book out of the angel's hand and ate it, and in my mouth it was sweet as honey; and when I had eaten it, my stomach was made bitter. And they said to me, "You must prophesy again concerning many peoples and nations and tongues and kings."
I. The Mystery of the Kingdom of Heaven by Revelation. A.Matthew 13:3– Less is More 2. Go Lower to go Higher 3. Smallest is the Greatest 4. Hidden to be Revealed 5. Sowing and Reaping
B. Ephesians 6:19-20—And pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
1.The Guilty Pardoned 2. Grace—Receiving What We do not Deserve 3. Mercy—Not receiving What We do Deserve
II. Israel's Blindness During the Gentile Age. A. Romans 11:25-27—For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery — so that you will not be wise in your own estimation — that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB." "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS.
III. Translation of the Living Saints at the End of the Age. A. 1 Corinthians 15: B. 1 Thessalonians 4:14 – 17.
IV. New Testaments Church as One Body Composed of both Jew and Gentile. A. Ephesians 3:1 – 11 B. Romans 16:25-26 C. Colossians 4:3
V. The Ekklesia (Assembly or Congregation) as the Bride of Christ. A. Ephesians 5:28 – 32. Faith in Christ is necessary to be in the Church, but faithfulness to Christ is necessary to be the bride of Christ
B. Revelation 19:7-8—Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready." 8 It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
C. Revelation 3:5—He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
D. Revelation 3:18—I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.
E. The Foolish Virgins—Matthew 25:1-13 F. Proper Wedding Garments—Matthew 22:1-14
VI. The Living Christ, the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever. A. Hebrews 13:7 – 8 B. Galatians 2:20
VII. Christ as the Incarnate Fullness of the Godhead in Bodily Form. 1. Colossians 2:9-11—For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, 1and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;
2. Colossians 2:9-10 (Amplified) For in Him the whole fullness of Deity (the Godhead) continues to dwell in bodily form [giving complete expression of the divine nature]. And you are in Him, made full and having come to fullness of life [in Christ you too are filled with the Godhead — Father, Son and Holy Spirit — and reach full spiritual stature]. And He is the Head of all rule and authority [of every angelic principality and power]
3. Theion means “that which is Divine/Diety.” 4. Colossians 1:19—For it has pleased [the Father] that all the divine fullness (the sum total of the divine perfection, powers, and attributes) should dwell in Him permanently.
5. Hebrews 1:3—He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high
VIII. The Mystery of Iniquity 1. 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12—For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12 in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
2. Iniquity—Greek word anomos from which iniquity is translated simply means LAWLESSNESS, the state of being without Law. 3. The Political/Religious Spirit Masquerading as Christianity. It utilizes: 1. Opinion 2. Debate 3. Criticism/Judgments 4. Legalism 5. Control
4. Proverbs 14:12—There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death Timothy 3:1-6—But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.
IX. The Seven Stars (Messengers) of Revelation Revelation 1:20—As for the mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.
2. Seven Messengers; Seven Ages; Seven Messages 3. To Him That Overcomes
X. Mystery Babylon--The Apostate Church. The Fourth Kingdom 1. Revelation 17:5-7—and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, " BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." And I saw the woman drunk with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. When I saw her, I wondered greatly. And the angel said to me, "Why do you wonder? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.
2. Daniel 2:44-45—In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever. Inasmuch as you saw that a stone was cut out of the mountain without hands and that it crushed the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold
3. Daniel 7:23-25—"Thus he said: 'The fourth beast will be a fourth kingdom on the earth, which will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth and tread it down and crush it. 'As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings.
4. Daniel 7:26-27— 'But the court will sit for judgment, and his dominion will be taken away, annihilated and destroyed forever. 27 'Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.'