The B- 36 on display at Castle Air Museum is one of only four B- 36 aircraft remaining and the only reconnaissance version. It served with the 28th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing at Rapid City Air Force Base, South Dakota (Ellsworth AFB after June 1953) from 1952 to 1957. In 1957, it was sent to Chanute Air Force Base, Illinois. There it served as a ground instructional airframe and finally was part of Chanute's Air Museum. It was brought to Castle in 167 pieces, requiring 11 flatbed railway cars to move it. Convair RB - 36H Peacemaker California Ago07
Avro 698 Vulcan B2 - Bruntingthorpe-UK Out07 Worth the wait, 558 finally reaches for the sky once more after 14 long years, congratulations to all involved in her re-birth.