7 7 Where In The World Am I? Use the world map to answer the following questions about the continents and oceans. Click to start!
2.Which arrow points to Africa? a.1 b.2 c.3 d.5 3.Which arrow points to the southernmost continent? a.2 b.3 c.4 d.5 e.7 4.Which arrow points to the continent of Asia, on which China lies? a.1 b.2 c.3 7
5.Which arrow points to the continent on which the Inca Empire once ruled, South America? a.1b. 2 c. 3. d.4 6. This continent, Europe, was home to the rebirth of classical learning during the Renaissance and Reformation. a. 1b. 2c. 3d. 5 7. Which continents lie completely in the southern hemisphere? a.Asia and Australia b.Australia and South America c.Asia and Antarctica d.Australia and Antarctica 7
8. This ocean borders North Carolina to the east. a. A b. B c. C d. D 9.This ocean, the Arctic, lies in the polar climate zone. a. A b. B c. C d. D 10.This ocean, the Pacific, is the largest on Earth. a. A b. B c. C d. D 11. This ocean lies to the east of the continent of Africa. a. A b. B c. C d. D e. E 7
12. This is our newest named ocean. The cold waters of this ocean surround the continent of Antarctica. a. A b. B c. C 13. This ocean lies totally in the northern hemisphere. a.Atlantic b.Arctic c.Indian 14. This ocean lies entirely in the eastern hemisphere. a.Atlantic b.Pacific c.Arctic d.Indian 7
15.This picture best depicts which of the following statements? a. the Prime Meridian divides the earth into eastern and western hemispheres b. the Prime Meridian divides the earth into northern and southern hemispheres c. the Equator divides the earth into eastern and western hemispheres d. the Equator divides the earth into northern and southern hemispheres 16. This picture best depicts which of the following statements? a. the Prime Meridian divides the earth into eastern and western hemispheres b. the Prime Meridian divides the earth into northern and southern hemispheres c. the Equator divides the earth into eastern and western hemispheres 17. In which hemispheres do you live? A. Eastern, western B. Northern, western C. Southern, western D. Northern, eastern
18. The capital of the United States of America is a.Washington, DC b.New York c.Philadelphia 19. Our neighboring country to the north is a.Canada b. Mexico c.Great Britain 20. Our neighboring country to the south is a.Canada b.Mexico c.Great Britain
21.The US State of Georgia’s state capital is a. Chicagob. Atlantac. New York City 22.What does the large star on the map indicate? a. The county seat b.The capital of North America c.The capital of the United States 23. The river that divides the United States into east and west is the a.Colorado b.Mississippi c.Hudson 24.This ocean lies off the western coast of the United States. a.Atlantic Ocean b.Pacific Ocean c.Gulf of Mexico
25.Arrow #3 on the U.S. map points to a. Atlantic Ocean b.Pacific Ocean c.Gulf of Mexico 26.This city in southern California is home to many Hollywood studios. It is knows as the city of angles. a. Chicagoa. New York c. Miami d. Atlanta e. Los Angeles 27. This large city in the northeast is home to the Statue of Liberty and sometimes called the Big Apple. a. Chicagoa. New York c. Miami d. Atlanta e. Los Angeles
A 28. Mountain Range A is the a. Appalachian Mountains b. Smokey Mountains c. Ural Mountains d. Rocky Mountains 29. Mountain Range B is the a. Appalachian Mountains b. Rocky Mountains 30. The name of the country in which you live is a.United States of America b.United States of North America B
31. North Carolina’s neighbor to the north, #1 is a. Virginia b. Tennessee c. Georgia 32. #2 indicates a. Virginia b. Tennessee c. Georgia d. South Carolina 33. # 3 indicates a. Virginia b. Tennessee c. Georgia
34. #4 indicates a. Virginia b. Tennessee c. Georgia 35. #5 indicates a. Virginia b. Tennessee c. Georgia d. South Carolina e. Atlantic Ocean 36. The on the North Carolina map indicates a. Charlotte b. Concord c. Raleigh
37. #6 on the N.C. map is located at a. Charlotte b. Concord 38. The series of barrier islands off the coast of our state are called a. a sound b. a dune c. The Outer Banks 39. The largest city in North Carolina, named after King George’s wife, is a. Charlotte b. Raleigh c. Asheville
40. The geometric shape of the county in which you live is a a. Circleb. Triangle 41. The name of the county in which you live is a. Cabbarrus County b. Cabbarus County c. Cabarrus County 42. Which statement best defines the term county seat? a)The largest city in a county b)The city in a county where government and court business takes place
43. The county seat for our county is a.Harrisburg b.Midland c.Mt Pleasant d.Concord 44. This city sits in both Rowan county and our own county line. a.Harrisburg b.Concord c.Mt Pleasant d.Midland e.Kannapolis 45. This town sits at the intersection of Hwy 24/27 and Hwy 601 in the southeastern section of the county. a.Harrisburg b.Midland c.Mt Pleasant
Thanks! Make sure your first and last name and SS period is on the paper. Remember to push in your chair, take all your belongings, leave the computer area neat, and return QUIETLY to your teacher. If it’s an emergency, stop at the bathroom on your way. I’m trusting you, so BE EXCELENT!