Presentation on theme: "Is transformation possible ? Community 2020. Jennifer Brodie Swan Alliance Communities for Children Jacqueline Ball The Smith Family, The Swan Extended."— Presentation transcript:
Is transformation possible ? Community 2020
Jennifer Brodie Swan Alliance Communities for Children Jacqueline Ball The Smith Family, The Swan Extended School Hub Raeleen McAllister Child & Family Centres, Midland, WA The movers and shakers
Transformation Change VS 3.Transformational change
4. Collaboration: Ice-breaker Activity with group/s Reflection: what happened during the activity?
Communities for Children is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services 6. Communities for Children Develop and facilitate a whole of community approach to support and enhance early childhood development and wellbeing for children from birth to 12 years
Communities for Children Governance Structure
And so the journey began…..
7. The Swan Extended School Hub The essence of a hub An effective extended school is an incubator of ideas, programs, activities and partnerships. It brokers relationships, trials approaches, and if they are successful seeks to normalise and embed them into school and partner operations.
The Swan Extended School Hub (SESH) The Smith Family and Partners Focus To support young Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves Focus Tertiary education & leadership Educational excellence & innovation Equity in education and building strong communities Low Socio-Economic area 460 children, K-7 18% indigenous, 6% CaLD Low Socio-Economic area 391 children, K-7 17% indigenous, 9% CaLD Low Socio-Economic area 386 children, % indigenous, 12% CaLD Low Socio-Economic area 151 children, K-7 27% indigenous, 6% CaLD
The Swan Extended School Hub Consultation Planning Implementation
The Swan Extended School Hub Examples of programs, activities, partnerships and relationships Programs Learning clubs in social skills, reading, numeracy and financial literacy. Leadership Camps, Mathletics, bike education programs Activities Speech pathology, youth work, children and family services University students supporting children attending hub schools Development of School Apps for hub schools to aid community connections and links with the school Partnerships and Relationships Communities for Children, Child and Family Centres - Shire, Edith Cowan University, Guildford Grammar School, Chevron and the Rotary.
And so the journey evolves and develops further…
8. Child and Family Centres Midvale Project Model Strategic long term plan The Shire of Mundaring
Child and Family Centres Child Focused Programs Parenting and family support programs Universal Services Child care and family day care Playgroups Crèche Kindy OSHC Outreach support Formal education - Cert 1,11, and 111 Parent workshops Life style workshops Financial Health services Mental health links Housing links Counselling
Child and Family Centres Relationships Respect Collaboration Community driven
Child and Family Centres
2. Cooperation Relationship and developing trust Genuine desire to work together Same target group and place Three collective impact initiatives Desire to avoid duplication Passion and committed people
5. How it all began….
9. Our Journey together Model the way Inspire a shared vision Challenge the process Enable others to act Encourage the heart
10. Future Partnership Agreement Our dream is to have hopeful and thriving children living in safe and healthy families, supported by an interconnected, nurturing community Our Dream Parents and carers have strong attachment to their children and the ability to care for themselves and their children Early childhood development and well being for children is supported and enhanced Children have a sense of belonging, independence, mastery and generosity with a strong connection to culture, family and community Confident resilient children and young people make smooth transitions from childhood to independence and adulthood Our Desired Outcomes
11. Results Based Accountability
Questions and answers And so the journey will continue…. Thank you to each and everyone of you who cares enough to make a difference, to enable our children and our communities to thrive !!!