We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byAnn Brittan
Modified about 1 year ago
1. Paleo Indian Period 2. Archaic Period 3. Late Prehistoric Period 3 Eras of Prehistoric Texas
3 Eras of Prehistoric Texas 14 Paleo Indian Period Archaic Period Late Prehistoric Period
1. Paleo-Indian People First period in History 12,000 years ago!! Used flint spears to hunt
1. Paleo-Indian People They were Nomads Walked on foot in search of: Woolly mammoth Bison Deer Horse ANYTHING they could eat!!
1. Paleo-Indian People LARGE ANIMALS became extinct! WHY?? Humans killed them Disease Ice Caps melted and killed them
Archaeologist found the bones of a Paleo-Indian woman near Midland, Texas. They named her Midland Minnie. DID YOU KNOW?????
2. Archaic Period Second period in History All the GIANT animals were extinct Hunted smaller animals Buffalo Antelope Deer
2. Archaic Period Developed better weapons: ATLATL Men Hunted Women gathered food Roots Seeds Berries
2. Archaic Period Used bison as their main food source Made Pottery Domesticated
Archaeologists found the remains of a man from the Archaic Period in They found it in Abilene, Texas and named it ABILENE MAN. DID YOU KNOW?????????
3. Late Prehistoric Period Third & Last period in History Natives started using the land for FARMING Corn Beans Squash
3. Late Prehistoric Period Invented the BOW & ARROW Helped them hunt large and small animals (Hunted a variety of plains animals) It became Indian’s MOST important weapons. Used knives and drills
3. Late Prehistoric Period Lived in cities Studied mathematics and astronomy
Paleo (10,000 – 8,000 BC) Housing Housing –No permanent housing –Lived in groups of 25 – 50 –Nomadic Food Food –Followed large game such as mammoth and.
Ch. 2Essential Questions. Standards SS8H1 – Evaluate the development of Native American cultures and the impact of European exploration and settlement.
SS8H1 The student will evaluate the development of Native American cultures and the impact of European exploration and settlement on the Native American.
Chapter 3 Native Texans. Section 1 Ancient Texans First peoples migrated from Siberia along the land bridge crossing the Bering Strait – How do we know.
Visual Other Who did it first? DietWeapons/T ools
Define Absolute Location Type of location refers to the exact spot where a place can be found – use latitude & longitude.
Prehistory: Beginning of Farming Coach Parrish Chapter 1, Section 2 Oxford Middle School.
Prehistoric Indians AnasaziHistoric Indians Random
Prehistoric Period and First Contacts. GPS SS8H1 The student will evaluate the development of Native American Cultures and the impact of European exploration.
By Saray, Oscar, Julio and Yaiza. The paleolithic period The first period in Prehistory is the Paleolithic Period. It began over two millions years ago,
By Brandon, Tyran, and Skylar. Hunting and Weapons The Osage Indians hunted Buffalo, Deer, and Beaver. They used bows, axes, and spears for battle and.
Chapter 2 – The Stone Ages and Early Cultures Section Notes The First People Early Human Migration Beginnings of Agriculture Video Early Migrations to.
Pre Columbian Wisconsin. Paleolithic Period 10,000 BCE – 6500 BCE.
ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS STUDY GUIDE Chapter 1 Uncovering the Past.
Early Humans Chapter 1, Section 1 Vocabulary historianarchaeologistartifact fossil anthropologistnomad technologydomesticatespecialization.
Warm-up for Tomorrow we will have our first quiz. You need to study the following items: 1. Georgias Geography handout 2. Georgias Physiographic.
Native Americans Native Americans were the people who lived in America before people from other countries came here.
Prehistoric Cultures of the North American Continent.
Buffalo Misc.Indians Definitions 2 Definitions $500 $400 $300 $200 $100.
Georgia’s Prehistoric Past. Use Your Book to Define These Vocabulary Words 1.archaeologist 2.prehistory 3.artifact 4.Carbon 14 dating 5.ecofact 6.sherd.
By Maiya LeBron and Mia Inchaurregui Mia Inchaurregui.
T HE W OODLAND I NDIANS By: Hannah Cooper Morgan Poindexter & Mika Shanle.
The first people in North America Melissa Knowles.
Native Americans in Tennessee from Nomads The first Indian groups in Tennessee were nomads. 1.Nomads wondered from place to place. 2.Groups.
How did people come to America (and Utah)?. Bell Activity Your words are “archaeologist” and “artifact” Find the word on your pink study guide and.
Indians of Alabama Presentation Created by: Richelle Garner Leigh Brown.
By Bryce, Austin, & Elgin They used berries that the women picked.
Native Americans Powhatan – Eastern Woodland Sioux – Plains Pueblo - Southwest.
VA Studies: Native Americans Powerpoint created by Carrie Reed Facts from the VA Pacing Guide.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.