Go north-west Romania is a country located in southeastern Europe, North of the Balkan PeninsulaPeninsula, on the Lower DanubeDanube, within and outside the Carpathian archarch, bordering on the Black SeaSea. Almost all of the Danube Delta is located within its territory. It shares a border with Hungary and Serbia to the west, Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova to the northeast, and Bulgaria to the south. Romania has the 9th largest territory and the 7th largest population (with 22 million people) among the European Union member statesstates. Its capital and largest city is Bucharest the 6th largest city in the EU with 1.9 million people. In 2007, SibiuSibiu, a city in Transylvania, was chosen as a European Capital of Culture. Romania also joined NATO on March 29, 2004, and is also a member of the Latin UnionUnion, of the Francophonie and of OSCEOSCE.
Go west! Satu Mare County is a county of RomaniaRomania. The capital city is Satu MareMare. Besides Romanians (58.8% of the population), Satu Mare features a significant ethnic minority of Hungarians (35.2%). In 2002, it had a population of 367,281 and the population density was 83/km². This county has a total area of 4,418 km². In the north there are the Oaş MountainsMountains, members of the Eastern Carpathians group. This makes up around 17% of the surface. The balance consists of hills: 20% of the surface - and plains. The Western part of the county is the Eastern part of the Pannonian PlainPlain. The county is crossed by the Someş River and also Tur River and Crasna RiverRiver. The county lies partly in the historical region of Maramureş and partly in the historical region of CrişanaCrişana.
Carei (Nagykároly) is a city in Satu Mare CountyCounty, northwestern RomaniaRomania, near the border with HungaryHungary. It has 23,000 inhabitants (2004): 53% HungariansHungarians, 40% RomaniansRomanians, 3% RomaRoma, and 3% GermansGermans. The municipality contains two settlements: the city of Carei and the village of IanculeştiIanculeşti. The neighbouring communities are CăpleniCăpleni, UrziceniUrziceni, FoieniFoieni, SanislăuSanislău, PetreştiPetreşti, TireamTiream, CăuaşCăuaş, and MoftinMoftin. The city of Carei was first mentioned in 1335 as being a borough of the Károlyi family. Located in Szatmár County in Hungary, it became part of the Kingdom of Romania in 1919/1920. Until 1940, Carei was in Sălaj CountyCounty. It then reverted to Hungary for a short time during World War IIII. Carei was re- taken from Hungarian and German troops by the joint counteroffensive of Romanian and Soviet forces on October 2525, 19441944. This date has since become the Romanian Army DayDay. After the war ended, Carei, was returned to Romania by the Treaty of Paris of 1947.
The foundation stone of the ornamented castle was laid by Karolyi Lancz Laszlo in 1482. King Matei Corvin gave him permission to build the house. After 115 years, in 1529, Karolyi Mihaly rebuilt the stone house to a fortified castle with trench and loop-holed bastion. In 1661, Karolyi Laszlo and Karolyi Adam fortified the castle with additional castle ditches and bastions. In 1790, Count Karolyi Jozsef, according to the plans of the court architect Bitthauser Jozsef, demolished the old building and built a baroque styled “Renaissance castle” with an English garden on some of the basement walls. Between 1894 and 1896, the old castle was rebuilt againt by Count Karolyi Istvan according to the plans of Meining Artur to an ornamented Baronial castle with towers and a high bastion. Nowadays, the building gives place to the library and the museum of the town.
The town park gained its present shape in 1890 when a fence made of brick and iron enclosed it. In 1982, considering the 12 ha of rare species of plants, the park was put under protection. There are 208 species of trees and bushes.
On the 5th of October 1907, the new theatre, built under the direction of Bede Antal according to the plans of Kopeczek Gyorgy, was opened with a gala performance. Since 1920, it was also used as a “moving pictures” theatre. In 1953, under the pretext of renovation, its secessionist shape was transformed into a “modern” one. Now it functions as a theatre building.
Former Hungarian Civil State School, it became a Romanian State Gymnasium in 1919. On the 1st of September 1923, it becomes the “Vasile Lucaciu” High School, taking the name of the great patriot Vasile Lucaciu as an acknowledgement of his merits in affirming our national identity. The institution represented a real opportunity for all the children in the region with a view to their further education. Some of its graduates were to become outstanding personalities of the Romanian culture. In 1948, following the education reform imposed by the regime, the learning process is reorganized and it becomes a secondary co-ed school. On the 1st of September 1962, the “Vasile Lucaciu” High School becomes Secondary School No. 2, with both Romanian and Hungarian departments. In 1993, the school regains the name “Vasile Lucaciu”. We’re going to visit the rest of the town a little later. For now...
46 teachers 417 students 25 classrooms 12 primary classes 12 secondary classes 8 Romanian 4 Hungarian 8 Romanian 4 Hungarian
Curricular area / subject matterIIIIIIIVVVIVIIVIII 1. Language and communication7-8 7-9 9-108-9 9-10 2. Maths and Sciences3-4 4-6 5-68109-10 3. Man and society112-33-5 4-56-7 4. Arts2-3 1-2 5. Physical Education and Sports2-3 1-2 6. Technologies1-2 7. Counselling and orientation0-1 1111 no. of classes / week
Curricular area / subject matterIIIIIIIVVVIVIIVIII 1. Language and communication11-12 11-14 12-1310-11 11-12 2. Maths and Sciences3-4 4-6 5-68109-10 3. Man and society112-33-5 4-65-76-7 4. Arts2-3 1-2 5. Physical Education and Sports2-3 1-2 6. Technologies1-2 7. Counselling and orientation0-1 1111 no. of classes / week
Lots of kids in their natural environment 3rd 4th 5th 6th 8th graders 1st 2nd 7th
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.