Presentation on theme: "NEW JERSEY DRIVER LICENSE SYSTEM Chapter 1 p"— Presentation transcript:
1NEW JERSEY DRIVER LICENSE SYSTEM Chapter 1 p. 1 - 11
21. Motorist must always carry a… while operating a vehicle on New Jersey’s roadways? Valid Driver or Provisional LicenseCurrent Vehicle RegistrationProof of Valid Liability Auto Insurance
32. Motorist whose official home address is in New Jersey must be licensed in?
43) All legal name changes must be reported to the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) within how many weeks?Within two week
54) The new Jersey basic, unrestricted driver license is available to residents who are at least: 18 years old and who have followed the state’s Graduated Driver License (GDL) program.
65) Any change of legal residence within the state must be reported to Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) within:Within one week
736) A driver who has been licensed for at least ___years must accompany all road test applicants in a properly vehicle to an MVC road test site.InsuredRegisteredInspected
8Must drive the vehicle to the ROAD TEST area. 7) If the accompanying driver is licensed in a state other than New Jersey, he or she:Must drive the vehicle to the ROAD TEST area.
98) Motorist who move into N. J 8) Motorist who move into N.J. and possess a valid out-of-state driver license must apply for a N.J. license within:You must apply for a New Jersey license within 60 days or before your current out-of-state license expires, whichever occurs first.
10must be surrendered to MVC 9) Upon applying for a New Jersey driver license, any valid out-of-state driver license:must be surrendered to MVC
1110) What are the six types of New Jersey licenses and class type? a. Basic Driver License — class Db. Commercial Driver License — classes A,B,Cc. Motorcycle License — class Ed. Moped License — class Fe. Agricultural License — class Gf. Boat License
1211) New Jersey issues a license for how many years? Four-years12) A two-year license is available to motorist at least 70 years old.
1313) Motorist under ___ years old issued a driver license that differs in physical appearance from motorist 21 years or older.21or olderunder 21
14Digital Driver License (DDL) 14) New Jersey issues a:Digital Driver License (DDL)
15eliminating the prevalence of fraudulent MVC documents. 15) This license, along with the MVC 6 Point Identification policy is:eliminating the prevalence of fraudulent MVC documents.DDL includes almost two dozen safety and security features, including digital photographs and signature.
1616) What restrictions will appear on the driver license in coded form? 1 Corrective Lenses Required2 Prosthetic Device3 Mechanical Device4 Hearing Impaired5 Attached RestrictionsK Intrastate Only*L Excludes Vehicles with Air BreaksM Excludes Class A Passenger VehiclesN Excludes Class A and B Passenger VehiclesO Valid in Tow Trucks OnlyP Non-CDL Passengers OnlyQ 15 Passengers or LessR Bus Mechanic without PassengerS No School Age PassengersT Ignition Interlock System RequiredU Class I Owner Only (formerly ID3)V Class I Violator Only (formerly ID5)W Class I Misc (formerly ID2, ID4, Idx)Z Class D - Provisional GDL Driver
17Gradually to first-time drivers and applicants under 21 years old. 17) New Jersey’s Graduated Driver License (GDL) program introduces driving privileges:Gradually to first-time drivers and applicants under 21 years old.It is available to applicants 17 years old who have passed MVC’s knowledge and vision tests.
1818) If you’ve never had a driver license, you must follow: New Jersey’s GDL program to get your first unrestricted basic New Jersey driver license.
1919) Special Learners Permit Driving Restrictions include: No driving between 11:01 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.Driver cannot use wireless telephone or any wireless device while drivingAll student examination permit holders must be accompanied by an Adult Supervising Driver who must possess a valid New Jersey driver license andbe at least 21 years old and licensed to drive for at least three years
2020) List the exemptions to the hours rule for permit and provisional drivers under 21: All hours-related exemptions for employment or religious reasons must be accompanied by a legible certification to indicate this need on the letterhead of employer, organization or religious institution, with signature of certifying official above title, address and telephone number.
2121) The “Early Bird Road” Graduated Driver License Program has five steps, list them: Turn to page 6
2222) New Jersey’s CDL is available only to those applicants who already have a basic, unrestricted New Jersey driver license. What are the three separate endorsements?Class AClass BClass C
2323) CDL endorsements includes: Double and Triple Trailer (class A)PassengerTank Vehicle (hauling gasoline, other liquids)Hazardous Material (HAZMAT)
24MVC’s 6 Point Identification Verification 24) All nonresidents must meet MVC’s requirements to obtain an examination permit.MVC’s 6 Point Identification Verification
25must meet MVC’s 6 Point Identification Verification requirements to obtain an examination permit. NONCITIZENS
2626) Possessing or displaying an altered or counterfeited license is punishable by….. Possessing or displaying an altered or counterfeited license is punishable by license suspension, fine, and jail time.
27Report this to the police! 27) If your driver license is lost or stolen, who should you report this to?Report this to the police!
2828) What is the replacement fee for a lost or stolen license? $ 11
29Organ Donor Program/Uniform Anatomical Gift Act?