Presentation on theme: "Encouragement for Living Isaiah 40:1-5 by Rev. Ronald O. McCants, Teacher."— Presentation transcript:
Encouragement for Living Isaiah 40:1-5 by Rev. Ronald O. McCants, Teacher
Encouragement To inspire (someone) with the courage or confidence (to do something).
Circle your choice – Agree or disagree? 1.Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me alone. Is this person encouraged? AGREE or DISAGREE
Agree or Disagree Many people say, "I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you. " AGREE or DISAGREE?
Agree or Disagree? People who do not need encouragement pray, "Oh Lord, give me patience, and GIVE IT TO ME NOW! " AGREE or DISAGREE
4. Who says "comfort my people." Isaiah 40:1 Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.
The Babylon Captivity Exile Period of Israel’s History – 587 B.C. For the comfort of God's people, a deliverance is promised, expressed in such terms, as in the clearest and strongest manner to set forth the redemption and salvation by Jesus Christ, of which it was typical.
5. In what manner should the people be spoken to? Isaiah 40:2 Speak tenderly to Jerusalem…
6.What has been paid for? Isaiah 40:2 …proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for…
Encouragement is Power A. It is just as easy to speak kind words as to speak unkind ones, and you will feel much better over it yourself. B.Speak words of appreciation. C.Make sunshine for others.
7. How should the highway be made in the desert? Isaiah 40:3 A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Read Matthew 3:1-3 and John 1:23 The prophecy of John the Baptist from Isaiah. The forerunner of Christ.
8. What will happen to every valley? Isaiah 40:4 Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain.
Valleys, Hills, Rough Ground Those who are depressed and bowed down with the guilt of sin, should be raised up and comforted.
9. What will be revealed for all people to see? Isaiah 40:5 And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together.
Encourage Someone You are going to make it. Everything will be all right. The storm will be over soon. Trouble don't last always.
10. What is the name of the person who said, "I am the voice of one calling in the wilderness?” Read John 1:23
11. What is it we should not let come out of our mouths? Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any (bad) unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may encourage those who listen. * Let everything you say be good and helpful.
12.Who should we encourage? 1 Thessalonians 5:11 New International Version Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in factNew International Version you are doing. King James Version Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye doKing James Version
Philemon 1:7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord's people.
Touch Every Life Drop a little good cheer into every life you touch. No matter what you are by nature, you can form the habit of being cheerful and encouraging...
GOOD NEWS John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. Jesus Christ comes to give us abundantly life.