A1 There is a film festival in Sunshine Town. Sandy wants to write about some of the films. Help her compete part of her notes according to the guide below.
Film Festival Cinema Guide Olympic Cinema Olympic Road Sunshine Cinema Sunshine Road ABC Cinema Forest Road Now showing Tales of old Beijing Suitable for all ages Ticket price: ¥40 Now showing The World of Dinosaurs Suitable for all ages Ticket price: ¥ 40 Now showing Love Ship Not suitable for children Ticket price: ¥ 60 (¥ 30 on Tuesdays and before 6.00 p.m. on Fridays)
Tales of Old Beijing Type of film: a __________ documentary that shows you what Beijing was like _________ ago. Cinema: __________ on ____________ Story: a family that __________________
The World of Dinosaurs Type of film: a _________ film about ___________ Cinema: ___________on ______________ Story: ________ is chosen to be the ______of the dinosaur family
Love Ship Type of film: a _________________ film Cinema: __________ on ________________ Story: a woman falls in love with a man when she travels ____, but when they start to ____ together, something terrible happens.
A2 Sandy is calling the festival hotline to find out more about the films. Listen to the information carefully and help Sandy complete the rest of her notes in Part A1.
Tales of Old Beijing Type of film: a __________ documentary that shows you what Beijing was like __________ ago Cinema: _______________ on ______________ Story: a family that ____________________ three-hour many years Olympic CinemaOlympic Road once lived in a hutong
The World of Dinosaurs Type of film: a _____________ film about __________ Cinema: ________________on ______________ Story: _______________ is chosen to be the ___________ of the dinosaur family science fictiondinosaurs Sunshine CinemaSunshine Road a baby dinosaur future king
Love Ship Type of film: a ________ film Cinema: ____________ on _____________ Story: a woman falls in love with a man when she travels _________, but when they start to ________________ together, something terrible happens. romantic ABC Cinema Forest Road on a ship plan their future
A3 Sandy is writing the report now. Help her complete it. Use the information in Part A1 on page 101 to help you.
Here is some information about the films showing at the local cinemas. Tales of Old Beijing is now showing at ________ Cinema on _____________. It is a ____________ which is suitable for ________. It tells the story of a family that ____________________. OlympicOlympic Road documentary all ages once lived in a hutong
Sunshine Cinema on _____________ is now showing a film called The World of Dinosaurs. It is a _____________ film, which brings _________ alive on screen. A _____________ is chosen to be the __________ of the dinosaur family. This film is suitable for _______. Sunshine Road science fiction dinosaurs baby dinosaur future king all ages
Love Ship is showing at ____________ on ___________. It is a ________ film that is not suitable for ________. It is about a woman who falls in love with a man when she travels __________, but something terrible happens when they start to _______________ together. The ticket price is ____ but there is a special offer on _________ and before _______ on Fridays. ABC Cinema Forest Roadromantic children on a ship ¥ 60 Tuesdays6 p.m. plan their future
1. Here is some information about the films now showing at the local cinemas. 这里是影院正在上映的影片信息。 句中 showing at the cinemas 是现在分 词短语作定语, 修饰前面的 films 。 show 的意思是 “ 上映, 演出, 展览 ”, 可以 用作及物动词或 不及物动词。
e.g. Tales of Old Beijing is now showing at Olympic Cinema. 《老北京的故事》正在奥林匹克 影院上映。 Sunshine Cinema is now showing a film called The World of Dinosaurs. 阳光影院正在放映一部名为《恐龙世 界》的影片。
2. It is about a woman who falls in love with a man when… fall in love with sb. 爱上某人 3. The ticket price is ¥ 60, but there is a special offer on Tuesdays … special offer n. 特价优惠 e.g. We are running a special offer on this holiday. 我们在这个假期有个特价优惠。
We’ve learnt a lot about different kinds of films. Do you still remember what they are?
Sandy and Daniel are talking about different kinds of films. Listen to their conversation and answer the questions.
1. What is Sandy’s favourite kind of film? Why? 2. What is Daniel’s favourite kind of film? Why? Sandy likes romantic films because they usually have beautiful stories. Daniel likes action films because they are really exciting.
3. What does Daniel think of horror films? Daniel doesn’t like horror films because they seem to be full of mysteries, but in fact, they are quite stupid.
Read the conversation. Work in pairs. Talk about films with your partner. Use the conversation as a model.
I like/don’t like… I love/hate… … makes me laugh/cry. … is very clever. … is my favourite film. … are my favourite kind(s) of films.
I like/don’t like … films because … I’m not interested in … I find … very boring/interesting. … is dull/exciting.
1. Daniel, this Saturday’s talk on films has been cancelled. 丹尼尔, 本周六关于电影的讲座取消了。 cancel vt. 取消 ; 终止 句中的 has been cancelled 是现在完成时 的被动语态。 e.g. The game has been cancelled because of the heavy rain. 比赛因为大雨被取消了。
2. Neither do I. 我也不。 neither adv. 也不 句中的 neither 用作副词, 放在句首, 表示 前面否定的内容也适用于另一个人或物, 后面部分倒装, 即主谓颠倒, 此时 neither 可用 nor 替换。 e.g. If you do not go, neither shall I. 你不去我也不去。
1. Remember the new words and expressions in this lesson. 2. Recite the conversation on page 102. 3. Finish the exercises in the workbook.