Presentation on theme: "By Mrs. Shaw Chapter 5 Lesson 1 Review Game. 1. Matter is anything that.... A. has density and conductivity B. has mass and takes up space (volume) C."— Presentation transcript:
By Mrs. Shaw Chapter 5 Lesson 1 Review Game
1. Matter is anything that.... A. has density and conductivity B. has mass and takes up space (volume) C. can be seen D. can be measured on a balance scale
2. The characteristic of an object that can be observed without changing it is called a.. A. Physical property B. Reactivity C. Chemical property D. Flammability
3. The ability of an object to burn is called... A. Conductivity B. Magnetism C. Reactivity D. Flammability
4. The amount of matter in an object X the gravitational pull on the object is called.. A. mass B. density C. weight D. solubility
5. The ability of an object to dissolve in water is called.. A. mass B. density C. weight D. solubility
6. Which instrument is used to measure mass? A. thermometer B. Balance scale C. Graduated cylinder D. Centimeter ruler
7. How do you measure the volume of an irregular solid (like a rock)? A. Water displacement method B. Balance scale C. Length x width x height D. Centimeter ruler
8. Jan noticed that when she put a tomato in water, it sank. When she put an apple in water, it floated. Why did the tomato sink while the apple floated? A. The apple has more surface area than the tomato, which allowed the apple to float. B. The apple is more dense than the water, and the tomato is less dense than the water. C. The tomato is more dense than the water, and the apple is less dense than the water. D. The apple and the tomato have the same density, but the tomato skin absorbed water, making it sink.
9. A jeweler has two blocks of gold. The first block has a mass of 60 grams (g) and a volume of 3 cubic centimeters (cm 3 ). The second block has half the mass and half the volume of the first block. What is the density of the smaller block of gold, in grams per cubic centimeter (g/cm 3 )? A. 5 g/cm 3 C. 20 g/cm 3 B. 10 g/cm 3 D. 80 g/cm 3
10. Brianna wants to know what will happen when she combines 4 liquids that she has been measuring into the same beaker. She pours them all in and after a few minutes, the liquids separate into different layers. Which liquid would make up the bottom layer of the beaker? A. Milk, because it contains fat. B. Water, because it sinks into all substances C. Karo syrup, because it has the greatest density. D. Vegetable oil, because it has the least amount of mass.
11. Tim is helping his mom make a dessert. Tim measures out one gram of peanuts and one gram of marshmallows. Which of these will need the largest container? A. The marshmallows will need a larger container because they are less dense. B. The peanuts will need a larger container because they are irregularly shaped C. They will need the same size container because there is one gram of each. D. The peanuts will need a larger container because a peanut is heavier than a marshmallow.