We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byKendrick Folks
Modified over 2 years ago
Chapter One Peanut Introduction Answers Page 1 of your Chapter One Note Packet
1. This is the history of the world before the invention of writing. Prehistory
2. What does B.C. stand for? Before Christ
3. This is the study of the past. History
4. This is the study of the past based on artifacts that humans have left behind. Archaeology
5. This is passing down history by word of mouth. Oral History (Storytelling)
6. This is a source that comes from the period being studied. Primary Source
7. This is a source that was created after the historical event took place. Secondary Source
8. This is the type of historical source a textbook is. Secondary Source
9. This is the type of historical source a diary is. Primary Source
10. This is the imprint of a plant or animal. Fossil
11. This is an item left behind by humans. Artifact
12. This is what circa or c. means. Around that time period
13. This word means very old or long ago. ancient
14. Give an example of a stereotype. Women are bad drivers
15. What does A.D. stand for? Anno Domini
16. B.C. dates are like _______ numbers on a number line. Negative
17. A.D. dates are like ________ numbers on a number line. Positive
18. This is a person who writes about history. Historian
19. This is a person who digs up the artifacts that people have left behind. Archaeologist
20. This is the knowledge, beliefs, customs & values of a group of people. culture
Archaeology Unit Vocabulary. Prehistory - The time in history before anything was written down.
Chapter 3 vocabulary ARCHAEOLOGY archaeology The recovery and study of the remains of the past.
Social Studies Key Terms Chapter 3 ???? The remains or imprint of a plant or animal from a past Geological age. A) fossil B) prehistory C)excavation.
14 September 2015 Bellringer – Timeline & Source Review –# your papers Quick study guide questions? Bluff Review Game HW ~ Study ~ Chapter 1 Assessment.
INTRODUCTION TO WORLD HISTORY. HISTORY DEFINITION The story of what has happened in the past.
Chapter One Study Guide Check your answers!. Anno Domini The year of our lord.
Chapter 1 Uncovering the Past
Understanding History. Do Now: How do we study history? Oral traditions (stories) Written history (documents) Artifacts (objects from the past)
Chapter 1 Section 1 Studying History. 1. What is history? History is the study of the past. 2.Who are historians? Historians are people who study history.
JOURNEYS (OXFORD)1. 2 Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana ( ), an American philosopher.
Bellwork – YOU DO NOT NEED A SMALL PIECE OF PAPER TODAY 1.Write your homework in your agenda 2.Have your plastic folder out and ready to use 3.Copy your.
Mr. Hendricks SS Period 2, 4, STUDYING HISTORY The study of the past We build on what others did in the past. History is the study of the past.
Archaeology Vocabulary Get ready to dig…Like in the DIRT!!
Bell Ringer Describe something that has happened in your past that affects your behavior today.
Intro to History Jeopardy Peeps Dates, Dates, Dates! Historical Hiccups Civilization, Ahoy! Vocabarama Q $100 Q $200 Q $300 Q $400 Q $500 Q $100 Q $200.
Chapter 1 Vocabulary Quiz. Multiple Choice 1. A primary source is… A: information gathered by someone who did not take part or witness an event B: the.
INTERPRETING HISTORY: HISTORICAL EVIDENCE &ARCHAEOLOGY.
History of the World Core Concepts - Review.
Chapter 1, Lesson 1 What is History?. 1. History is the study of people and event of the past. 2. People who study history are called historians. 3. Historians.
What is history? Why do we study history?. History – the study of the past, particularly in human affairs. Reasons for studying history…
© 2017 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.