Presentation on theme: " At the beginning of the 50 20th century in the Smetana Park in the center of Olomouc was makeshift zoo corner, where they were placed deer, roe deer,"— Presentation transcript:
At the beginning of the 50 20th century in the Smetana Park in the center of Olomouc was makeshift zoo corner, where they were placed deer, roe deer, peacocks, pheasants and budgies. In 1952 Olomouc Biological Society established the Preparatory Committee for the establishment of Olomouc zoo and more placement options considered were chosen area of the Holy Kopečku. From May 1952 preparatory work in the area of future zoological gardens - woodland mining, building roads, building fences, individual objects and buildings.
Zoo was inaugurated the third June The first director was Dr.. Vaclav Roubicek. In 1958 he was placed in the garden as well as more exotic animals (such as monkeys and big cats). For a long time his tenure ( ) built additional runs (monkeys, deer), vivarium, pavilion felines and technical background garden (workshops, garages, warehouses).
Also lookout tower was built. Attendance zoo for the first time surpassed the first 300,000 people each year and eventually 400,000 people. After 2000, the pavilion was built bats, passing yards for macaques, giant aquarium for sharks with a capacity of 42,000 liters, was rebuilt pavilion hyenas in South American pavilion and lookout fixed. Historically, the highest attendance was reached in 2003 ( persons), with the exception of 2001, annual attendance has steadily exceeded 350,000 people. Zoo in 50 years of its existence was attended by more than 10,617,000 people.