Presentation on theme: "By Sina and Markus 8a. 1. Weissenfels Weissenfels is the largest town of the Burgenlandkreis district, in southern Saxony-Anhalt in Germany."— Presentation transcript:
By Sina and Markus 8a
1. Weissenfels Weissenfels is the largest town of the Burgenlandkreis district, in southern Saxony-Anhalt in Germany.
Weissenfels? The name „ Weissenfels“ means “white rock”. It comes from the little white mountain the town stands on.
Incorporations Since an administrative reform on 1st January 2010, Weissenfels also comprises the former villages Langendorf, Markwerben and Uichteritz. On 1st September 2010, the former villages Burgwerben, Großkorbetha, Leißling, Reichardtswerben, Schkortleben, Storkau, Tagewerben and Wengelsdorf joined the town.
Weissenfels Weissenfels has a nice river – the „Saale“. Weissenfels is in one of the 16 federal states in Germany Population: people
2. Sights 1.The „Schusterjunge“ a statue of a shoemaker boy 2.The House of the writer “Novalis” 3.The castle Neu-Augustusburg with the shoe museum 4.The “Heimatnaturgarten” (a little zoo) 5.The House of the composer “Heinrich Schuetz” 6.The market place – and a much more…
3. Sports Basketball and floor ball are the two most popular sports in the town. You can go swimming, play volleyball, go cycling and more …
4. City Centre of Weißenfels
5.Industry People earn their money in a chocolate factory a dairy winegrowing and farming a factory that produces mineral water and other beverages a slaughterhouse a big hospital in the army corps chemical factories in Leuna, a town near Weissenfels
6. Famous people author: - Hardenberg - Neuber - L.v.Francoise composer: - Händel - Schütz - Nietsche - Hill - Ladegast
7.The Neustadt-School Thats our great school. Here a lot of us work 365 day a year!!!