Presentation on theme: "A. A Time for Ninth Hour Transition and Separation."— Presentation transcript:
A. A Time for Ninth Hour Transition and Separation
The Ninth Hour...The Time of the Evening Prayer and Sacrifice And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46.
1. The rocks split and an earthquake occurred. 2. The Centurion declared "surely he was the son of God! Matthew 27: The soldiers break the legs of the thieves. John 19: The soldiers pierced the Lord side. John 19:34 5. The Lord is laid in the tomb. Matthew 27:57-61
At the height of the sufferings of the Lamb of God for the sins of the world, it was fitting that He should utter this desolate cry at the ninth hour, for this was the time of the regular evening sacrifice, as well as the time of evening prayers among the people of ancient Israel.
1. The Veil was Torn from Top to Bottom and Access Granted 2. New Covenant Instituted
B. Other Ninth Hour Events 1. It was at this hour that Elijah prayed to God against the prophets of Baal on Mount Carmel, and God answered by fire from heaven 1 Kings 18:36-39.
2. It was at the ninth hour of Ezra’s great prayer of confession and intercession, followed by a wonderful revival among the backslidden people of Israel. Ezra 9:5
3. When Daniel uttered his own prayer of confession and intercession "about the time of the evening oblation" (Ninth Hour), God sent Gabriel to answer his prayer.
A. Delivered to Daniel Insight with Understanding. B. Daniel is Highly Esteemed C. Seventy Week Revelation for Daniels People
4. In the New Testament, "Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour", and the result was the first apostolic miracle. Acts 3:1
5. The Gospel goes to the nations with The first Gentile convert to Christ was Cornelius, who was praying "about the ninth hour of the day" when he, like Daniel, received a visit from an angel of God to tell him to send for Peter, who would lead him to Christ. Acts 10:3
C. Other Areas of Emphasis 1. God is Sending Messengers of His Kingdom 2. Plumbline Revelation is Being Sent. 3. Apostolic Hubs Identified
4. Fresh Release of the Spirit and Power of Elijah. 5. The Two Sons of Fresh Oil. 21 Century Apostles & Prophets 6. Establishing 5 Last Day Realities. Government; Discipleship; Faith: Kingdom/Dominion; Manifested Sons.
I. Defining the Kingdom Mandate
Charles Finney: The simple idea of this kingdom is that Christ himself reigns in the hearts of his people, securing the perfect submission of the will, and the consecration of every power to himself. Thus his kingdom is within; it is invisible. It puts on no outward glare.
In the hearts of men he writes his laws by his Spirit, and thus rules over them to deliver them from Satan and sin, and translate them into his own kingdom of peace and love…The subjects of this Kingdom are shut up to no particular location. Each in the sphere where providence has called him to reside and to his master’s will, may there be truly a member of this invisible kingdom.
Holman New Testament Commentary: God’s kingdom means his sovereign rule in heaven and on earth, most particularly in and through the life of the individual believer. To seek his kingdom is to seek to ensure that his righteousness is done in heaven, on earth, and, most particularly, in and through our lives.
PKD: The Lord Jesus Christ living and abiding in His people doing through His people all that He did while walking the earth in human form.
II. If Anyone Will Here My Voice— Qualifying As A Messenger
Revelation 3:20-21—Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.
III. Messengers Identifying the Anti- christ Spirit
2 Corinthians 11:2-4—For I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy; for I betrothed you to one husband, so that to Christ I might present you as a pure virgin. But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.
For if one comes and preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted, you bear this beautifully.
A. Another Jesus. Allos—Another of Like Kind B. A Different Spirit. Heteros— Altered, Other, or Strange C. A Different Gospel. Heteros— Altered, Other, or Strange.
2 Corinthians 11:14-15—No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.
A. Satan- A Counterfeit Spirit Disguising Himself as Light B. His Servants Posing as Servants Of Righteousness
For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. Matthew 24:24
A. False Christ’s. “pseudochristos”-- pseudes; untrue, i.e. erroneous, deceitful, wicked: Christos—Anointed One; Messiah. B. Anti—Strongs 473 an-tee’. Meaning opposite, i.e. instead of; In place of; in the room of. Often used in composition to denote contrast or substitution;
1 John 4:3—And every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.
1 John 2:22-23—Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.
IV. Messengers Separating The Precious From Worthless
Jeremiah 15:19-21—Therefore, thus says the Lord, “If you return, then I will restore you— Before Me you will stand; And if you extract the precious from the worthless, You will become My spokesman. They for their part may turn to you, But as for you, you must not turn to them.
“Then I will make you to this people A fortified wall of bronze; And though they fight against you, They will not prevail over you; For I am with you to save you And deliver you,” declares the Lord. “So I will deliver you from the hand of the wicked, And I will redeem you from the grasp of the violent.”
1. Messengers Separating the Precious From the Worthless 2. Messengers Opposed but Not Overcome
V. Messengers to Teach the Ways of God’s Kingdom and Separate From the Counterfeit Spirit
Ezekiel 44:15-16—But the Levitical priests, the sons of Zadok, who kept charge of My sanctuary when the sons of Israel went astray from Me, shall come near to Me to minister to Me; and they shall stand before Me to offer Me the fat and the blood,” declares the Lord God. They shall enter My sanctuary; they shall come near to My table to minister to Me and keep My charge.
Ezekiel 44:23—Moreover, they shall teach My people the difference between the holy and the profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.
VI. The Messengers Words are like a Sharp Sword Separating Spirit From Soul.
Revelation 1.16—In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.
1. Seven Stars are the Seven Messengers 2. Sharp Two-edged Sword= The Message 3. Face Shining like the Sun= Mature Sonship
Charles Spurgeon: “There is a set time for each of his messages to come to men, and God would have them give heed to every message as soon as it is delivered to them. If they do not, he keeps count of the days of their delay.”
1. Messengers with meat in due season to identify what is Spirit and what is soul. 2. God expects His messages to be accepted and implemented
Hebrews 4:12-13—For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.
VIII. The Apostolic Mandate to Destroy but also Build In Heavenly Places
Jeremiah 1:9-10—Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. “See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, To pluck up and to break down, To destroy and to overthrow, To build and to plant.”
1. The Lord Filling Our Mouths With the Revelation of His Kingdom 2. Appointed=The basic meaning is to exercise oversight over a subordinate, either in the form of inspecting or of taking action to cause a considerable change in the circumstances of the subordinate, either for the better or for the worse.
1. Compare with the Seven Church Age Messengers and their messages as an antidote to the anti-Christ spirit.
1 John 3:8—the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.
1. Principalities & Powers in Heavenly Places. 2. We are seated with Christ in Heavenly Places. 3. The weapons of our warfare are not carnal.