Presentation on theme: "1.owing to/ due to 2.at first glance 3.in action 4.in search of 5.focus on 6.a (wide) variety/range of 7.in full bloom 8.thanks to 9. be/get/feel close."— Presentation transcript:
1.owing to/ due to 2.at first glance 3.in action 4.in search of 5.focus on 6.a (wide) variety/range of 7.in full bloom 8.thanks to 9. be/get/feel close to 10. prefer….to….
1.due to/ owing to Due to the heavy traffic, we arrived at the meeting place 15 minutes late. Owing to his lack of experience, David made a lot of mistakes on his first day at work. (On your own) Sue 因飲食過度而增胖了許多。 Sue gained a lot of weight due to overeating.
2. at first glance At first glance, the problem seems easy. (On your own) 乍看之下那是一張很平凡的圖畫，然而它 可是一張 3D 圖呢。 At first glance that was a very common picture, but actually it was a 3-dimensional one.
3. in action I’ve heard that she’s a great basketball player, but I’ve never seen her in action. (On your own) 如果你有機會看到那些歌手從事演唱活 動，你肯定會為她們瘋狂的。 If you have the chance to see those singers in action, you are sure to be crazy about them.
4. in search of Many people move to America in search of better life than before. (On your own) 孩子們在屋裡屋外走來走去尋找著被藏著 的禮物。 The children were walking in and out of the house in search of the hidden presents.
5. focus on Because of her sick son, she couldn’t focus her mind on her work. (On your own) 老師要求大家要專注於功課。 The teacher requested that everyone focus on the schoolwork.
6. a (wide) variety/range of There are a wide variety of canned products in the supermarket. (On your own) 在我們學校我們有很多種課外活動可選擇。 In our school, we have a wide variety of extracurricular activities to choose from.
7. in full bloom The garden looks beautiful when the roses are in full bloom. (On your own) 盛開中的花朵比平常漂亮多了。 Flowers in full bloom are much more beautiful than usual.
8. thanks to Thanks to your financial support, the concert was a big success. (On your own) 多虧了捷運，我現在可以睡到六點半。 Thanks to the MRT, now I can sleep until six-thirty.
9. feel/be/get close to I like mountain hiking, which is a good way to get close to nature. (On your own) 跟父親相比，我感覺跟母親較親近。 I feel closer to Mother than to Father.
10. prefer…to… I prefer staying home to going out. Susan prefers apples to oranges. (On your own) 週末我喜歡在圖書館看書甚於在家看電視。 I prefer reading in the library on weekends to watching TV at home.