Presentation on theme: "SCHOOL EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM D - WRITING. A- USEFUL LANGUAGE optional consist of educate vocational school be made of be separated compulsory education be."— Presentation transcript:
SCHOOL EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM D - WRITING
A- USEFUL LANGUAGE optional consist of educate vocational school be made of be separated compulsory education be organized levels of education be divided at the age of entrance examinatio n last
B-I- correct the mistakes in these sentences 1.Children start to school at the age of six. start school 2.Lower secondary children spend for 4 years there. spend 4 years 3.The academic year consists 35 weeks, that is 9 months, from September to May. Consists of 35 weeks
4.The two schools terms last from September to December and from January to May. school terms 5.The national examination for GCSE was organized in early June every year. is organized
Task 2: Choose the sentence that is best constructed from the given information
1.German / children / three / six / may / attend / kindergarten A. German children from three to six may attend at kindergarten. B. Germany children aged between three to six may attend the kindergarten. C. Germany children of three and six may attend kindergarten. D. German children aged three to six may attend kindergarten
2. grades / one / four / children / attend / elementary / school /, / subjects / be / same / all A.In grades one and four the children attend elementary school, and the subjects are the same for all. B.For grade one and four, children attend elementary school, in which subjects are the same in all. C.From grades one through four children attend elementary school, where the subjects taught are the same for all. D.From grades one to grade four the children attend elementary school, the subjects are the same as all.
3. After / fourth / grade / they / be separated / according / academic ability / wishes / families A. Then, after the 4 th grade, they are separated according to their academic ability and the wishes of their families. B. after the fourth grade, they will be separated according to academic ability and wishes of families. C. After that, in the fourth grade they will be separated according as academic ability and wishes in the families. D. After fourth grade they would be separated according on academic ability and their wishes for their families.
4. no matter / kind / school / student / attend /, / she / he / complete / least / nine years / education A. No matter the kind of school the student attends, she/ he need complete the least nine years of education. B. No matter the kind school a student attends, she/ he will complete at least nine years of education. C. No matter how kind the school a student attends is, she/ he complete the least nine years for education. D. No matter what kind of school a student attends, he/ she must complete at least nine years of education.
5. lot / homework / and / few / extracurricular / activities A. There is a lot of homework and very few extracurricular activities. B. There have lot of homework and few extracurricular activities. C. There are a lot of homework and very few extracurricular activities. D. Have lots of homework and few extracurricular activities.
Task 3: Rearrange the words/ phrases below to make complete sentences about American primary and secondary school
1.American / age / children / at / five / school / of / the / years / start American children start school at the age of five years. 2. The / kindergarten / at / first / is / year / called / school The first year at school is called kindergarten.
5. Secondary / most / consists/ commonly / of / total/ of / years /, / a / referred to / seven / as / sixth / through / grades / twelfth / school Secondary school most commonly consists of a total of seven years, referred to as sixth through twelfth grades. 6. The / through / grades / school / ninth / twelfth / are / commonly / to / most / as / high / referred The ninth through twelfth grades are most commonly referred to as high school.
7. Upon completion of twelfth grade, / are / diploma / awarded / a / American / certificate / the / called / high / students / school Upon completion of twelfth grade, American students are awarded a certificate called the high school diploma.
8. Students / must / obtained / school / have / diploma / before / a / they / admitted / are / into / or / university / high / college Students must have obtained a high school diploma before they are admitted into college or university
Task 4: Imagine you have a cousin who is moving to Vietnam with his family to start his secondary education here. He is wondering about that. Write a letter to him to explain Vietnam’s school education system.
Sample letter Dear John, It’s very easy to follow the education system in Vietnam. You are finishing your primary education in the U.S, so I think you can follow the secondary education in Vietnam a year later than your classmates in Vietnam as they finish the primary school at the age of 10. Still, you’ll have to spend at lower secondary and then three years at upper secondary. That’s obligatory. But you can choose a suitable school in Vietnam for your study since they all follow a national education system.
An academic year lasts for 9 months, from September to May and is divided into 2 terms; term 1 is from September to December, and term 2 from January to May. So if you can complete all your necessary documents early in August, you can start in the next school year. Just a few words about the subjects you will learn at secondary school. There will be a lot of subjects like Literature, Maths, English ( this is your strength, so you’ll always be at the top of the class ), History, etc. New subjects like Physics and Chemistry, will be added when you move onto higher grades. You’ll learn them in Vietnamese, of course, and will have to learn by heart quite a lot. Be prepared for that. Anyway, don’t worry too much. Sooner or later you’ll get used to them all and enjoy your study here in Vietnam. Best wishes, Nu