2Who we areDiversified technology company$30.9 bn, more than 55,000 products, 88,000 employeesWindow Film business lies in the Renewable Energy Division of 3MInventor of Window Films in 1966#1 Window Film manufacturer globally
3What we doFirst choice supplier of highly engineered and innovative solar control and safety & security window films……which help solve glazing problems of glare, heat and fading whilst also helping reducing energy costs……and protect people and assets from glass shatter, blast and other damage, either deliberate or accidental.
47 Wonders of Window Film S – Safety & security H – Heat gain reduction A – AppearanceG – Glare reductionP – PrivacyI – InsulationF – Fade protection1. Glass is a very dangerous material. I have heard people from the glass industry say that if glass were to be invented today it would be made illegal. We can make glass stronger to reduce the injuries caused in an accident and harder to break through deliberately.2. We can reflect the suns heat away to keep people and offices cooler.3.We can make buildings look smarter and more uniform and modern or keep the desired appearance of old buildings.4.We can reduce the suns glare on computer screens.5.We can allow people to look out during daytime while stopping people from looking in.6.We can reduce the amount of heat that would otherwise escape during the winter.7.We can reduce the speed that fabrics fade.
5Solar control in focusEnergy conservationIncreased comfortFade reductionGlare and reflection reduction
61. Energy conservationHeating, air-con and lighting have significant impact on buildings running costPower and heating costs increasingThermal load of a building can increase up to 60% in the summer3M solar control film reduce solar heat gain by up to 77%Significantly reduce dependency on air conditioning, heating, blinds and lightingHeating, air conditioning, blinds and lighting can have a significantly impact on a buildings total running costs, especially with power and heating cost seemingly rising every year. Solar heat gain in the summer can increase the thermal load of a building up to 60%. Effective use of 3M solar control film can reduce solar heat gain by up to 77% and significantly reduce dependency on air conditioning, heating, blinds and lighting as well as contribute to more efficient temperature control.
72. Increased comfortKeeping a building comfortable difficult with sunlight and heat3M solar control films reduce heat of the sun resulting in greater occupant comfortIdeal working environment is neither too hot nor too cold, with optimum use of natural lightingFor each degree above 24ºC, productivity is reduced by up to 5%3M solar control film allows you to create the optimal, comfortable environmentSunlight and heat can make keeping a building comfortable a difficult job. 3M solar control films reduce the heat of the sun resulting in greater occupant comfort. The ideal working environment is neither too hot nor too cold, with the optimum use of natural lighting. For each degree above 23ºC, the level of productivity is measurably reduced by as much as 5%! 3M solar control film will allow you to create the optimal, comfortable environment.
83. Fade protectionUltra violet light responsible for the fading of colours and degeneration of materials3M solar control film reduces the damaging rays by up to 99.9%, substantially slowing down the fading process3M solar control films protect displays in shop windows, galleries, and furniture, prolonging life and vibrancy of your assetsUltra violet light is largely responsible for the fading of colours and degeneration of many materials. While no film can stop fading completely, 3M solar control film reduces the damaging rays by up to 99.9% and can therefore substantially slow down the fading process. 3M solar control films can also be extremely useful in protecting displays in shop windows, galleries, and furniture, prolonging the life and vibrancy of your assets.
94. Glare and reflection reduction Working at a computer or watching a screen with light on the surface is frustratingBy significantly reducing glare, 3M solar control film reduces eyestrainBecause the use of metal is avoided in many of our films, they are barely visible with no unwanted internal or external reflectionAppearances left unchanged, building and views inside and out attractive as they were beforeWorking at a computer or watching a screen with light on the surface is frustrating. By significantly reducing glare, 3M solar control film reduces eyestrain. Also because the use of metal is avoided in many of our films altogether, the film is barely visible when applied and has no unwanted internal or external reflection (up to 1% less reflectance than un-filmed glass) leaving appearances unchanged leaving the building and views inside and out as attractive as they were before.
123M Solar Control Window Films Prestige SeriesNight Vision SeriesTraditional Solar Series
131. Prestige Series Multi layer optical film with hard coat on top Acrylic adhesive and polyester release linerNames indicate visible light transmission and performanceHigh luminous efficiency (visible light transmission to solar performance)Metal free productNo corrosionNo radio interference
142. Night Vision SeriesMetalized PET layer with ceramic nano-particles and hard coatAcrylic adhesive and polyester release linerNames indicate visible light transmission and performanceNo interior reflection or mirroringLong durability
153. Traditional Solar Series Metalized polyester layer with hard coatAcrylic adhesive and polyester release linerNames indicate appearance, visible light transmission and performanceEffective solar gain reduction
20Entitlement = 5% penetration $ 362M X 5% = $ 18M Market PotentialBuilding Window FilmsTurkey Flat Glass Demand :1200MM sq feet%87 of glass demand is for building applications%60 of building glass applications is windows%77 of building windows is clear .Most of the building windows are double paned(factors as 0.5 to window film applications)1200MM sq feetX 87%X 77%X 60%X 1,5$/ sq feetX 0,5Market Universe = $ 362MEntitlement = 5% penetration $ 362M X 5% = $ 18M
21Display and Graphics Template v1 6.15.07 Country Competitive LandscapeBuilding Film MarketKey PlayersBuilding Film Market ShareCompany 119%Company 29%Company 328%Company 44%Rest of Market40%Total:100%Cell pacEuromoldUlusoy local firm
24Way-to-market Strategy Building Window FilmsResidentialWindow FilmsCommercialWindow FilmsSmaller volume projectsMainly end users go to distributors and demand 3M window filmBigger volume projectsArchitectural firmsCivil engineering firmsShopping mallsRestaurants & Cafes
25Why use building window films ? Decision-making for different customer segmentsBuilding Window FilmsWhy use building window films ?Prevent solar heat gain ; Decrease energy costsPrevent fadingShopping malls, plazas and hotelsShop displaysA: Prestige SeriesB:Night Vision SeriesC:Silver20PR 70(High light transmission ratio)
29Innovation: Other Applications What kind of additional market segments could use solar window films? What kind of other applications could be done for energy conservation?Public Opportunities: Smart buildings & Energy savings?