Presentation on theme: "BAHASA INGGRIS. People needs ship to sail from one island to another island. Ships have been important in human history for thousands of years. Because."— Presentation transcript:
People needs ship to sail from one island to another island. Ships have been important in human history for thousands of years. Because of ship people could cross oceans, lakes and rivers. Now ships enable people to transport huge loads of goods for long distances Reading Water Transportation
Today almost all of the luxury ships are used for cruises. A ship may head for a single harbor or travel around the world with stop in many countries or many continents. Once in harbor or port, the ships become a hotel for its passengers. They leave it for sightseeing during the day and return it at night.
A modern super liner is like a floating hotel. Besides there are many cabins and staterooms where the passengers sleep, there are lounges, dining rooms, kitchens, recreation rooms, shops, swimming pools, movie theatre, a hospital and garage, lift carry the passengers from one deck to another.
For water transportation steamboat, raft. Motorboat, ferry, sailing boat, junk, ocean liner and hydrofoil boat are in general use.
1.The first paragraph talks about … a. the kinds of ship b. the function of ship c. the destination of ship d. the modern ship
2.What kind of ship which has modern and complete facilities? a. steamboat b. ferry c. modern super liner d. ocean liner
3. “They leave it for sight seeing during the day …” (paragraph 2 line 3) The word “they’ here refers to … a. luxury ships b. harbors and ports c. passengers of the luxury ships d. many countries
4. What paragraph talks about many kinds of water transportation? a. Paragraph 1 b. Paragraph 2 c. Paragraph 3 d. Paragraph 4
5. “Now ships enable people to transport huge loads of goods for long distances” The underlined word means...people able to do something a. prevent b. stop c. order d. make
Memberi perbandingan mengenai cara sesuatu dikerjakan. Unsur Bahasa Ungkapan Perbandingan (Cara)
POLA Tingkat Sama (Positive) As adverb as Tingkat Lebih (Comparative ) More adverb than Tingkat paling (Superlative) The most adverb
Adverb : Kata yang menjelaskan kata kerja The girl is beautiful. The girl dances beautifully. The snail is slow. The snail walks slowly.
Contoh : The snail walks more slowly than the turtle. I can run the most quickly from all of my friends in class.
Perkecualian : Fast –faster-fastest Early- earlier-earliest Hard –harder-hardest Late –later-latest I work hard. I work harder than my friends.
Soal : 1.Idham : Did Anton become the first winner in the last race competition? Rozy : No, Budi could run … him. a. quick b. quickly c. more quickly than d. the most quickly
2. Teacher : What is the answer of the question number 1 Anton! Anton : C sir! Teacher : What? I can’t hear you speak …, please! a. loud b. loudly c. more loudly d. most loudly
3. Teacher 1 : You gave the highest score to Anita in the composition test didn’t you? Teacher 2 :Yes, besides the content of her composition is good. She also wrote it … from all of the students. a. neat b. neatly c. more neatly d. the most neatly
4.Rizal : I can’t break this ice box into pieces. Teddy : beat it … then. a. hard b. hardly c. harder d. more hardly
5. Cici : Do you want to join the singing contest next week? liza : No. Ask Rita to join. She can sing …than me. a. beautiful b. more beautiful c. beautifully d. more beautifully
Ungkapan meminta pendapat What do you think about…? Excuse me, what do you feel about …? What do you think of …? What’s your opinion of …/ What are your feeling about …? What are your views …? Do you have any opinion on … Language Function
Ungkapan Memberi Pendapat I think …. In my view/opinion I believe… I feel … It seems so me … From my point of view …
Soal : 1.Girl 1 : Look at these pairs of shoes!….? Girl 2 : I think they are great. The color suits to your dress. a. Do you agree with it? b. What do you think about them? c. Are they good? d. Do you think so?
2. Mr. X :... the price of the fuel which is getting more and more expensive nowadays. Mr. Y : In my point of view it makes life is getting harder and harder especially for the low income people. a. Do you think ? b. Is that your opinion? c. What do you think about? d. Are you thinking?
3.Betty : I think chatting in the internet is wasting time and money. What is your point of view about it? Rudy : Well. … It depends on the situation. If you can get new important information from it, it will be useful then. a. I dislike it b. It seems to me c. I am really keen on it d. Absolutely true
4.Reri : … leaving now! Rosa : I believe it will be better. The sooner we go the faster we reach our destination. a. What are your feeling about b. What are c. How do you like to d. Where do you
5. Reporter : Excuse me. What is your opinion about the flood in many parts of our country? Expert : … we have to stop illegal cutting of the trees in the forest. a. I am sure b. in my point of view c. I can agree for more d. Are you kidding