Presentation on theme: "1. Who started the ancient Olympic games? According to legend, it was Heracles who first called the games ”Olympics” and established the custom of holding."— Presentation transcript:
1. Who started the ancient Olympic games? According to legend, it was Heracles who first called the games ”Olympics” and established the custom of holding them every four years so Heracles started the ancient Olympics. 2.Who is the best Olympic player? Jang ji won, Steven Lopez
3. What do they do at the opening ceremony? They dance. The audience at an opening ceremony is praying for the performance to degenerate into a thundering shambles. 4. Has NZ won the Olympic games before? Yes they have won before
5. Why did they call the Olympic games, Olympic? The original Olympic games were competitions held between athletes from the city- statues of ancient Greece. The first competition was held in Olympia, Greece in 776 BC. 6. How many NZ competitors are competing? 184 athletes
7. How many Nations are in the Olympic games? They expect 205 nations to take part in 300 events at the Olympic games in nations will take part in the Paralympic. 8. How many sports are in the Olympic games? 35 total, Winter has 7 games and Summer has 28 games
9. When did the Olympic games start? The Summer Olympics begins Friday 27 July 2012 and ends Sunday 12 August Which countries has not hosted the Olympic games? NZ, Berlin, Ireland, Hawaii, Malaysia and most pacific islands
The Olympic Flame The Olympic flame is a practice continued from the ancient Olympic Games. In Olympia (Greece), a flame was ignited by the sun and then kept burning until the closing of the Olympic Games. The flame first appeared in the modern Olympics at the 1928 Olympic Games in Amsterdam. The flame itself represents a number of things, including purity and the endeavour for perfection. In 1936, the chairman of the organizing committee for the 1936 Olympic Games, Carl Diem, suggested what is now the modern Olympic Torch relay. The Olympic flame is lit at the ancient site of Olympia by women wearing ancient-style robes and using a curved mirror and the sun. The Olympic Torch is then passed from runner to runner from the ancient site of Olympia to the Olympic stadium in the hosting city. The flame is then kept alight until the Games have concluded. The Olympic Torch relay represents a continuation from the ancient Olympic Games to the modern Olympics.
The Olympic Oath Pierre de Coubertin wrote an oath for the athletes to recite at each Olympic Games. During the opening ceremonies, one athlete recites the oath on behalf of all the athletes. The Olympic oath was first taken during the 1920 Olympic Games by Belgian fencer Victor Boing. The Olympic Oath states, "In the name of all competitors, I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules that govern them, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honour of our teams."
Melody cooper! Dong dong!
Bio: Like many talented New Zealand athletes, Melody moved to Australia as a youngster and has nor returned to represent her country of birth. The mature midfielder has been playing for the Adelaide Suns in the Australian Hockey League and in 2011 she captained the side to the national title with the help of Black Sticks team-mates Clarissa Eshuis and Kayla Sharland. Melody is a tough, hard-working player with good ball skills. She is married and works in sales for a radio network. Nickname: Mel Mel Bate of Birth: 16 March 1983 Birthplace: New Plymouth Town of residence: Adelaide, south Australia Occupation: Southern Cross Au stereo Sales Manager Position: Defender / Midfielder Shirt Number: 29 NZ Debut:2001 NHL Team: Central Career High: Champions Challenge, Catania Career Low: Breaking my thumb prior to the world cup in Perth Sacrifices you have made to play hockey: Living away from family and my husband, missed key celebrations, career progression on hold Age started playing at: 6 Hours of training per week: 25 on average Toughest opponent: Argentina Strengths: Low tackling, persistent, versatile, composure weaknesses: Elimination, speed Most admired athlete: Rafa Nadal Words to describe Melody: Competitive, Balanced, Cheerful, Stubborn, Passionate
Country: China Birthdate:13/04/1989 Birth place: Henan ( CHN ) Height: 168 cm/ 5‘6“ Age:23 Gender: M NOTE! I think he is very very private in his information because i only found this little information about him.
By Esther and By Esther only this time. BYE !