Presentation on theme: "SCOPE India Post IT 2012 is a Rs 4909 Cr Project"— Presentation transcript:
1Department of Posts Overview of IT Modernisation Project (Indiapost 2012)
2SCOPE India Post IT 2012 is a Rs 4909 Cr Project This includes Operating expenses for 5 yearsProject will be implemented through eight RFPsFSI----POSB, PLI & Enterprise Content Mgmt System (is a Mgmt Tool, Integrates silos & Info Content in silos to give a unified picture)CSI---POS, Daily Account, Call Center, Help Desk, HR & A/c, Mail & Logistics, Business Process Mgmt & Workflow, Business Intelligence, Brain of the Postal System which integrates all SIsRSI—MGNREGA, POSB, eMO , application for rural deviceRural Hardware ,30,000, Laptop, HH Device, Smart Card Reader, Solar Panel, Battery with Backup, Thermal Printer, Biometric ReaderData Center & Disaster Recovery CenterNSP-----Primary & SecondaryMail Office Hardware Including 15,000 Postman Handheld DeviceChange Management
3COMPUTERISATION STATUS All Departmental Post Offices provided with computers 24,969Total no. of GDS POs to be computerized in the IT Project ,30,000
4India Post 2012 Vision How Vision 2012 Helps ? Offer New Products and ServicesEmpower RuralInfrastructureIncrease Market Share and RevenuesDeliver Improved & Consistent Customer ServiceDrive high Employee satisfactionTo Be A Technology Enabled,Self Reliant Market Leader100% post offices computerised / networkedIT based products are more attractive to today’s customersScope for business expansion & revenue growthMultitude of new/improved products/ facilities (e.g. eGovernance, Rural ICT, Cash Ttransfer, SS Payments, eCommerce, NEFT, RTGS, ATMs, CBS, Anytime-Anywhere Banking, Net Banking, Mobile Banking etc )Rural customer transactions will be more transparent, secure and less cumbersomeIndia Post Employees proud to be part of tech driven organisation at par with the best in industry, banking and financial services4
5Overview of IT Solution Customer Interaction ChannelsRural ICT* SolutionSetting up IT Infrastructure – Data Centre / ConnectivityWeb Portal(e-Commerce)Mobile BankingATMsCall CentreMail & Retail OperationsPostal BankingPostal Life InsuranceHRMS & PayrollFinance & AccountsMIS Reporting / Business Intelligence / IT SecurityIndia Post Data Warehouse*Information & Communication Technology
6Project Overview Network connectivity to all Departmental Post Offices Shared Data Centre for hosting applicationsMail Office HardwareData Centre Facility RFPNetwork Integrator RFPMoH RFPInfrastructurePostal banking and insurance servicesMail Operations & LogisticsEnterprise Resource Planning solutions for F&A, HR & Payroll.Customer Interface- ATM, Call Center, PortalReporting and Analysis to assist in decision makingFSI RFPCore SI RFPApplicationsRICT –SI RFPRICT-RH- RFPRural SystemsRural handheld devicesMGNREGS, eMO /iMO applicationsAll the other Postal, Financial and e-Commerce services on the rural deviceEnabling change and stakeholder engagementTraining, re-skilling,Capacity building to facilitate new processes and process changesChange Management RFPPeople Management
7Benefits to Government Impact AreasCountrywide financial inclusion particularly in rural areasEffective delivery of MGNREGS DBT, & Social Security SchemesFaster , transparent and more reliable postal servicesFaster and Transparent financial servicesMultiple channels of access for customer like ATM, mobile banking, net banking, NEFT, RTGSLast Mile IT network connecting more than 1,55,000 post officesImproved delivery of Govt. schemes in Rural AreasImproved quality of serviceReduction in operations costNew products and services based on IT enablementFaster and better decision making based on on-line data availabilityBenefits toCitizensBenefits to GovernmentBenefits toDoP
8Current RFP Status RFP Name Status Remarks Financial System Integrator Project Kicked off on 28th Sep’12 and Vendors On-boardFSI – InfosysNI – SifyCM - TCSCbs is rolled out in 540 officesMcCamish rolled out in 2156 officeSify rolled out in officesNetwork IntegratorChange ManagementData Center FacilityData Center completed & handed over onDC - RelianceRural System Integrator (RSI)Contract signed but T to be synchronized with RHRSI - InfosysRural Hardware (RH)EvaluationCore System Integrator (CSI)Project kicked off onCSI – TCSMail Operations Hardware (MOH)Contract under finalization stageUpdate the figure whenever new change management vendor updates are received
10Implementation Phases & Roll out plan Project phases: The entire project to be implemented in three phases in the following manner:Pilot PhasePhase 1Phase IIPilot Phase:8 Pilot circles identified for the roll out of Pilot phase, namely-AssamUPRajasthanMaharashtraKarnatakaTamil NaduDelhiAP CirclesThe Pilot stage would be rolled out in identified Post Offices in the 8 Pilot Circles. After which the solution will be modified / improved based user feedback.Roll out Phase : Thereafter Phase I roll out would commence in the Pilot CirclesFor CBS, Phase I will include all the HOs in the country . Phase II will involve the roll out in all the 22 Circles in Months from commencement.
111. Data Centre Facility The overall scope includes: Data Center Providing Data Centre for hosting Department’s Primary Data Centre .The Vendor will provide the space, services and facilitiesServers will be installed by the concerned SIsConnectivity & related Hardware will be provided by the NI vendorThe Primary DC will also house the Department’s Network Operating Centre (NOC), which will be manage by NIThe Data Center located at the M/s Reliance’s facility at Navi MumbaiDisaster Recovery Center (DRC)To be housed in Department’s own building at CEPT MysoreThe Vendor will provide Services and Facilities & manage the DRCServers will be installed by concerned SIsConnectivity & related Hardware will be provided by the NI vendorThe DC vendor will build, operate and transfer Disaster Recovery Centre ( at PTC Mysore) to meet DoP requirementsOperations and maintenance of DCF (Data Centre Facility) and DR Site for a period of 5 years24x7 onsite support as per SLAs
122. Core System Integrator The Core System Integrator will implement the solutions for Mail Operation, Retail, Logistics Post, Philately, Finance & Accounts & Human ResourcesThe overall scope includes:Installation of central hardware at DC & DR locationsSoftware applications for Mail, HR , F&A solutionsMultiple customer interaction channels i.e. Point of Sale Counters, Portals, Mobiles, Call centreRural ICT Client application for Point of Sale, Mail Operations and F & AIntegration of solutions brought by other SIs with the overall solution architectureSet-up and operation of Call Centres for customers covering all aspects of DoP’s business.Centralized help desk for employees for managing issues related to operations.Help DesksFirst Level Help Desk (L1) will be provided by the respective SIs for an initial period of one year. Thereafter CSI will takeover the Helpdesk operations.Level 2 & Level 3 Help desks, which will provide detailed technical help will be provided by the respective SIs.
133. Financial Services Integrator The FSI vendor will implement the solutions for Core Banking and PLI in all Post Offices and provide Multiple delivery channels- internet, IVR, Mobile, ATM & SMS.The overall scope includes:Installation of central hardware at DC & DR locationsSoftware applications for Core Banking & PLI solutionsData migration from Sanchay Post & NIC PLI application to new systemInstallation & Management of Department’s ATMs at 1000 locations.Setting up of Central Processing Centers (CPCs)- One each for 22 Circles in the case of Core BankingSetting up of CPCs for PLI – 1000 Nos.Rural ICT Client application for Core Banking & PLITraining DoP resources on the new solutionOperations & maintenance for 5 yearsRTGS- real Time Gross Settlement min – 2lakhs amax no limit- through RBI bet 9 to on working days and sat upto 2 pm . IFSC code is mandatoryIndividual transmissionNEFT national electronic fund transfer- work in batches. That is the basic difference
154. Network IntegratorThe Network Integrator will link all Departmental Post Offices, Administrative office, Account offices, Sub Divisions etc. (~ 30,000 locations) though one single WAN.The overall scope of NI includes:Planning and design of the entire Network .Connectivity for each location from 2 different network service providers in order to ensure uninterrupted network connectivity.Installation of Network Hardware, i.e. Switches & Routers at each location including the Data Center & DRC.NI will bring a secure network having all security features; application integration requirements; & intermediate transition needsProgram Management of entire Network Integration implementation and Operations and maintenance of entire DoP Network environment for 5 yearsNetwork Management Tool and process will be setup by NI for managing the entire network including setting up a Network Operations Centre, (NOC) at the Primary Data Centre site, which will be operational 24 x 7
165. Rural ICT Solution: Rural SI and Rural Hardware The Rural ICT Solution is being implemented through two distinct sub-projects-Rural ICT System Integrator (RSI);Rural ICT Hardware (RH);Rural ICT Hardware:The vendor will supply the hardware, network connectivity & solar panels to ~ 1,30,000 Branch Offices.Depending on Workload, BOs will be supplied with either Handheld Mobile Devices or NetbooksEach Device will have standard peripherals like Biometric Identification device, Camera, Thermal printers, 2D Scanner along with Solar PanelThe Devices will be mobile and the vendor will also provide a box/bag for carrying the devices and peripherals.A spare battery will be provided to ensure that at least one charged battery is available.RH Vendor will also provide Connectivity for the Devices.Operations and maintenance support for 5 years10% Critical reserves of inventory will be maintained at Divisional Levels to ensure immediate replacements in case of faults in hardware.
176. Rural ICT Solution: Rural SI and Rural Hardware RFP Rural ICT System Integrator:Rural System Integrator (RSI) will provide the software solutions relating to MGNREGS, eMO & Integration of EDOs for Rural ICT devices.Installation of central hardware at DC & DR locationsSoftware applications for MGNREGS & eMO , for Rural ICT Devices (client applications)Development of a SDP (Service Delivery Platform)which acts as a gateway to rendering the client applications on Rural ICT devices. This will ensure device neutral client application development.Data migration from Sanchay Post to new systemTraining through “Train the Trainer approach” - where employees of DoP will be trained by RSI who will in turn train GDSOperations & maintenance during the contract periodClient application in multiple languagesSupport for the application is expected to be available in atleast 11 languages
197. Mail Operations Hardware The overall scope includes:Supply of procurement of Mail Operations Hardware for all Mail Offices & TMOsThe Hardware will include desktop computers, printers, barcode scanners, weighing scales, tag printers, Power back up devicesSupply of 15,000 departmental postman with handheld devices including maintenance and operations of the hardwareMaintenance and operations of the hardware during the tenure of the contractHardware to be supplied to the different offices, located in different parts of India on demand basisMOH vendor will also provide the hardware with latest software / operating system and coordinate with the other System Integrators viz. CSI, FSI, Network Integrator to provide the necessary assistance for successful installation, integration and functioning of all applications
208. Change Management Change Management: The scope includes an integrated CM approach encompassing:Stakeholder Management to align all stakeholders to the program objectives & understanding their concerns at the Directorate, C O, Region, Division, H P O & GPOChange Readiness Survey for assessing readiness to accept change. The survey is planned in 4 cycles with atleast at least responses in each cycleDeveloping Change Network leaders in the Circle/Region offices and will comprise of 5 to 10 senior stakeholders from each Circle and Region office of DoPConducting Change Management workshops – 2 workshop at each Circle HQ/ Regional HQCommunication and Awareness for engaging and informing employees about the changesCapacity Building Plan etc.Training:Preparation of training plan for all solutions andTraining coordination with all vendors in respect of their training components.In order to ensure that the training is targeted and received by the right recipients high level coordination with circles/ regional authorities is required.
21Access to Change Management web site employee corner Indiapost ProjectRecent developments about Indiapost 2012 will be upated
23Assignment Divide the class into four groups Group-1 -- Discuss the impact of mail solution on the functioning of HO’s, So’s, BO’s , RMS and mail processing centres in the department after the implementation of the project
24Group 2: discuss the impact of HRM solution on the functioning of HO/SO, administrative units and F and A in the department.
25Group 3Discuss the impact of Postal banking in the operations of HO/SO/BO . What are the benefits envisaged for the customers
26Group 4Discuss the change in the operations in field after implementation of the IT 2012 project.What are the benefits expected out of the project for the department and for the public.How the project will help to achieve the vision and mission of the department.