Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation It is a process to provide holistic profile of the learner through regular assessment of both scholastic and Co-scholastic.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation It is a process to provide holistic profile of the learner through regular assessment of both scholastic and Co-scholastic."— Presentation transcript:

1

2 Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation It is a process to provide holistic profile of the learner through regular assessment of both scholastic and Co-scholastic aspects of development over the total span of learning time. As it is spread over a period of two years in classes IX & X, it provides several opportunities for the school to identify the latent talents of the learners in different domains.

3 CCE ( ) The Classes IX & X students will be assessed through the CCE by school itself. The Classes IX & X students will be assessed through the CCE by school itself.

4 Two Terms In General, for the purpose of CCE, an academic year has been divided into two terms. In General, for the purpose of CCE, an academic year has been divided into two terms. The first term will be from April- September and the second term from October- March. The first term will be from April- September and the second term from October- March.

5 Scholastic and Co-Scholastic The CCE in Classes IX & X will be evaluated on two areas: Scholastic and Co-Scholastic spread over two terms each during two academic years. The CCE in Classes IX & X will be evaluated on two areas: Scholastic and Co-Scholastic spread over two terms each during two academic years.

6 Scholastic Scholastic means those aspects which are related to intellect or the brain. It includes assessment of learners in curricular subjects, assignments, project work and practical and oral work etc. Scholastic means those aspects which are related to intellect or the brain. It includes assessment of learners in curricular subjects, assignments, project work and practical and oral work etc.

7 Co-Scholastic Co-Scholastic means those aspects which are related to hand and heart. These include psychomotor skills, health & physical development, life skills, attitude, values, interests, participation in co- curricular activities like literacy & creative skills, scientific skills and performing art and clubs. Co-Scholastic means those aspects which are related to hand and heart. These include psychomotor skills, health & physical development, life skills, attitude, values, interests, participation in co- curricular activities like literacy & creative skills, scientific skills and performing art and clubs.

8 Formative and Summative Each term will have two Formative assessments and one Summative assessments for evaluation of Scholastic areas. Each term will have two Formative assessments and one Summative assessments for evaluation of Scholastic areas.

9 Formative Assessment The formative assessment includes paper-pencil test, quizzes, conversations, interviews, oral testing, visual testing projects, practicals and assignments. The formative assessment includes paper-pencil test, quizzes, conversations, interviews, oral testing, visual testing projects, practicals and assignments. Schools may conduct more than two such assessments and take the best two out of these. Schools may conduct more than two such assessments and take the best two out of these.

10 Summative Assessment The summative assessment will be in the form of a pen-paper test conducted by the schools themselves. It will be conducted at the end of each term. The summative assessment will be in the form of a pen-paper test conducted by the schools themselves. It will be conducted at the end of each term. The curriculum and Syllabus for Classes IX will be the same as circulated by the Board earlier. The curriculum and Syllabus for Classes IX will be the same as circulated by the Board earlier.

11 Summative Assessment Question Banks in different subjects to generate question papers will be forwarded by the Board to schools in March Question Banks in different subjects to generate question papers will be forwarded by the Board to schools in March 2010.

12 Summative Assessment Evaluation of answer scripts will be done by the school Teachers themselves on the basis of the Marking Scheme provided by the Board. Evaluation of answer scripts will be done by the school Teachers themselves on the basis of the Marking Scheme provided by the Board.

13 Summative Assessment There will be random verification of the assessments procedures carried on by schools by the Board officials/nominees appointed by the Board.

14 Formative Assessment ( ) All the four Formative Assessments may include quizzes, projects, objective type test (a topic from textbook can be taken and questions can be framed from other sources related to topic), conversation, group discussion, interviews, oral testing, visual testing projects, practical and assignments All Subject Co-ordinations have to take their own decision to set the four formative assessment which should be clearly mentioned in the syllabus and same should be followed for entire session All the Formative Assessment must carry 2 marks each for maintenance of notebook.

15 Summative Assessment ( ) There will be two Summative Assessments in the form of Paper Pencil Tests which will carry: SA1 - 20% of weightage to academic Session SA2 - 40% of weightage to academic Session

16 Term Type of Assessment Percentage of Weightage in academic session Term wise Weightage Total FIRST TERM (April- Sept) Formative Assessment-1 10% Formative Assessment- 1+2=20% Formative= 40%, Summative =60% Total100% FormativeAssessment-210% Summative Assessment-1 20% Summative Assessment-1=20% SECOND TERM (Oct- March) Formative Assessment-3 10% Formative Assessment- 3+4=20% Formative Assessment-4 10% Summative Assessment-2 40% Summative Assessment-2=40%

17 ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE: SCHOLASTIC AREAS TERM I SubjectsFA 1 10% FA 2 10% TOTAL(FA) 20% SA 1 20% TOTAL 1 (FA+SA) 40% LANGUAGE- I LANGUAGE-II MATHEMATICS SCIENCE SOCIALSCIENCE ADDL. OPTIONAL SUBJECT TERM II SubjectsFA 3 10% FA 4 10% TOTAL (FA) 20% SA 2 40% TOTAL (FA+SA) 60% GRAND TOTAL (TERM I +TERM II) GRADEPERCENTIL E LANGUAGE- I LANGUAGE-II MATHEMATICS SCIENCE SOCIALSCIENCE ADDL. OPTIONAL SUBJECT TERM I+II

18 CCE for Class IX (Current Session)

19 CCE for Class IX (Current Session) The Class IX students will be assessed through the CCE by school itself. The Class IX students will be assessed through the CCE by school itself. That is from Oct March 2010 for the current academic year. That is from Oct March 2010 for the current academic year.

20 Formative Assessment ( ) For this year there will be two Formative Assessment which will be: FA3 - Projects/Viva & Maintenance of Notebook - 20 Marks (10+6+4) FA4 - Projects/Viva & Maintenance of Notebook - 20 Marks (10+6+4) * One practical can be included in case of Science subject.

21 Class IX 2009 – 10 (Current Session) Academic Performance: Scholastic Areas FA3 (20%)FA4 (20%)TOTAL (FA3+FA4) = 40% (I) SA1 =(20% OF UT1 + HY) (II) SA2 = (40% OF UT2 + ANNUAL) (III) TOTAL (I+II+III) = 100% Blue print and syllabus of annual exam : - Please follow latest guidelines issued by CBSE (www.cbse.nic.in) strictly.www.cbse.nic.in

22 MARKS RANGE GRAD E GRAD E POINT A A B B C C D E E2 GRADEA+ A B+ B C Scholastic-A Scholastic-B Scholastic-A Scholastic-B

23


Download ppt "Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation It is a process to provide holistic profile of the learner through regular assessment of both scholastic and Co-scholastic."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google