Presentation on theme: "Gaz-System S.A. Transmission System Operator Gdynia, 26.06.2009."— Presentation transcript:
Gaz-System S.A. Transmission System Operator Gdynia, 26.06.2009
AGENDA 1 2 3 4 GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. Transmission system - Facts & Figures Disruption of supply 2009 System development Activities
GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. Facts&Figures National gas transmission system operator (TSO) Established on the basis of the Directive of the European Parliament and the European Council 2003/55/EC Formed in April 2004, unbundled from PGNiG S.A. Joint-Stock Company, owned by the State Treasury as the only shareholder
Company-owned transmission assets worth over 3 billion PLN Near 2 000 employees across Poland. 6 Regional Branches : Gdańsk, Poznań, Rembelszczyzna, Świerklany, Tarnów, Wrocław. GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. Facts&Figures
Transmission system elements (2009): 9 800 km pipelines 14 compressor stations 57 gas nodes 970 exit points Main Characteristics: Polish gas system is connected with the European Gas Network system but only along the East- West direction. Gas imports mainly from Eastern direction. Gas Imports amounting to 70% of total national consumption.The remaining 30% is covered by national production. Transmnission of 14.7 bcm/year Transmission System Overview
TRANSMISSION SYSTEM Network
Underground Gas Storages Cooperation with Transmission System Operational capacity UGS mln m3 Technical transport capacity to supply the system (UGS withdrawal) mln m3/day Technical transport capacity to injection UGS mln m3/day HUSÓW 400 5,7 2,4 SWARZÓW 90 1,0 0,7 BRZEŹNICA 65 0,9 0,8 STRACHOCINA 150 1,2 1,4 WIERZCHOWICE 575 4,8 3,6 MOGILNO 380 18,0 9,6 TOTAL1660 31,618,5
Development of Interconnections Poland- Czech Rep. Connection New connection integrating the gas systems of both countries which will diversify and ensure stable gas supplies to end customers Increase of safety of systems operations Project developed in cooperation with Czech TSO Commencement of operations: 2010/2011 Enhancing Poland-Germany Connection Development of existing interconnection between the gas systems of both countries Increase of safety of systems operations Possibility of increased flows from western direction in case of crisis Capacity increase: 0,5 bcm p.a. Commencement of operations: 2011
LNG Terminal will be located in the Port of Świnoujście Project developed by SPV Polskie LNG (PLNG) owned by GAZ-SYSTEM S.A. One jetty for LNG tankers LNG Terminal’s regas capacity: Phase I/II: 2.5-5.0 bcm / 1,85-3,7 Mt LNG/year Phase III: 7.5 bcm / 5,6 Mt LNG/year LNG storage capacity: 2 tanks 160 000 m 3 LNG each LNG loading infrastructure for trucks. Open season procedure - start 23 of June 2009 – end expected January 2010 documents available at www.polskielng.plwww.polskielng.pl LNG Terminal Świnoujście
OPEN SEASON Applied in the case of constructing new elements of the gas system in order to adjust the parameters of the planned investment to market expectations. Procedure implemented pursuant to ERGEG guidelines. The procedure is conducted in strict cooperation with the Polish Energy Regulatory Office in order to ensure the Investor applies non-discriminative access policies to the network.
NEW PROJECTS – OPEN SEASON
GAZ-SYSTEM on Transparency Platform GAZ-SYSTEM is active on the Transparency Platform from its launch on 17th November 2008. The TSO-related information and Capacity & tariff information have been published On 17 march GAZ-SYSTEM switched display of its capacity data from Nm3/d to kWh/d. On 2 April GAZ-SYSTEM added to Transparency Platform data on its capacity allocation mechanism and on its balancing model, balancing tolerances applied and other static balancing information. GAZ-SYSTEM constantly uploads data files to the Transparency Platform. Actually GAZ-SYSTEM is working on its automatic upload of nominations, re-nominations and allocations for its respective interconnection points.
Interconnection Points Agreements GAZ-SYSTEM has signed IPA with all TSOs connected to our system: – Biełtransgaz (Belarus) – ONTRAS (Germany) – UKRTRANSGAZ (Ukraine) Due to geographic position we are like transition area between two arts of gas market – Eastern: quantity - volume by 20 C, energy day 8/8, allocation based on seller decisions No balancing market – Western Quantity – energy Energy day 6/6 OBA Market based balancing – Middle (PL) Quantity – volume by 0 C Energy day 10pm/10pm Regulated market But all discrepancies are covered in practice
Thank you for your attention firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com