Presentation on theme: "The T-4 Euthanasia Program Ayoub K.. What is euthanasia? Euthanasia is an “assisted suicide,” and the loosely used term, “mercy killing.” Basically it."— Presentation transcript:
What is euthanasia? Euthanasia is an “assisted suicide,” and the loosely used term, “mercy killing.” Basically it is to take a deliberately kill or show intention of wanting dead, someone who is born with a deformity or such. The back up of supporters is that they end the life of someone in misery.
4. T-4 program creation Founded September 1939 to August 1941, continuing unofficially until the end of the Nazi regime in 1945. The name T4 was abbreviation for Tiergartenstrasse. Which was the location of a « Charitable and Curative Institution »
3. What happened? News of T4 Program went public. Church started to question. Hitler ordered program to go underground, and instead of gassing the patients. He order poisoning and starving to death. May 8, 1945, war ended in Germany. The killings in the institutes were on going. Under the Nazi reign, an estimated 250,000 disabled were killed.
2. T-4 Program Treatments The victims of the T-4 Program were not just killed on spot. The mentally and physically disabled were killed by gassing and lethal injection. The patients would be in the worst pain they had been in right before they died. « Sympathy »
Hartheim Castle. Located in Hartheim, Austria, it is the killing center of the physical and mentally disabled.
5. Nazi Logic «sympathy» The Nazi’s believed of euthanasia as «sympathy» for the mentally disabled, ill, and etc. There excuse was that a child born with any of these illnesses should not bare living with such a horrible life, being considered outcasts.
Evidence Alfred E. Houche was crucial about the hygiene of people, and mentioned of how some will devolve if they are not rid of.
Nazi Logic continued The ill or mentally disabled were not given choices or second thoughts. Such as the fact if they could get better, or if they actually had a mutation that benefited them more than the normal humans.
Second thoughts anyone? There were many ways the mentally and physically disabled could be helped to have an easier life. The part of sympathy completely removes the fact that Hitler wanted « PERFECT » humans. The: « Blonde, blue eyed, tall, handsome, and strong human superiority theory » Hitler didn’t count.
6. Religion Most of the higher-up Nazi commanders or the people in charge weren’t close to their religion or did not believe in an entity that created them. They saw themselves as «Gods» that had the ability to choose life and death for others. This coincides with the fact that many of the supporters were Lutheran & Catholic
1. Nazi enfoncement of PHYSICAL DISABILITATING Now the Nazi’s were to end people with physical disabilities because they had empathy. Concentration camps involved experiments on Jews which physical transformed themselves in such horrifying ways. Where is the sympathy now?
Hypocrisy Hitler was born with Cryptorchidism. According to one Medic which aided Hitler on the field. He reported Hitler had one testicle. Yet he killed people not born with fully functional components.
What happened to oppositions? Doctors who were assigned to the T4 Program were considered burdens just like the disabled people and put away with secretly or let alone. The Roman Catholic Church opposed because they were to oppose the killing of others even if it cost them their lives. For people who did, it cost them.
Works Cited 1."Disability Social History Project." Disability Social History Project. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. 2."Euthanasia Www.HolocaustResearchProject.org." Euthanasia Www.HolocaustResearchProject.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. 3."Holocaust History." Euthanasia Program. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. 4."T-4 Origins, Planning & Staff Www.HolocaustResearchProject.org." T-4 Origins, Planning & Staff Www.HolocaustResearchProject.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. 5."T4 Program (Nazi Policy)." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. 6."The T-4 Euthanasia Program." The T-4 Euthanasia Program. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013. All images attained from "Google Images." Google Images. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Mar. 2013.