Presentation on theme: "Mya Lewis, Joeli Boyd, & Danielle Graham. * Chemical Reactions (Concept Overview Chart) Chemical Reactions (Concept Overview Chart) * Digestive System."— Presentation transcript:
Mya Lewis, Joeli Boyd, & Danielle Graham
* Chemical Reactions (Concept Overview Chart) Chemical Reactions (Concept Overview Chart) * Digestive System Digestive System * Hydrogen Peroxide Hydrogen Peroxide * Symbols Chart Symbols Chart * Writing chemical equations Writing chemical equations * Skeleton Equations Skeleton Equations * Writing word equations Writing word equations * Everyday Chemical Reactions Everyday Chemical Reactions * Try It Yourself Try It Yourself
* The digestive system breaks down the food that enters your stomach to create glucose sugar for your body to create energy off of. Hydrochloric Acid decomposes the food into glucose sugar. The digestive system is a common place where a chemical reaction that’s takes place within the human body. The chemical reaction is when the hydrochloric acid, breaks down food and turns it into glucose sugar.
*E*E veryone should what hydrogen Peroxide is used for. You know the brown bottle in your closet or medicine cabinet. Hydrogen peroxide reactions with bacteria in an infected cut or open wound. Reactions with the oxygen hitting to open wound or cut.
* Example: Hydrogen + Oxygen H2OH2O Reactant + Reactant = Product H 2 + O 2 H 2 O
* To write a skeleton equation, you must write the correct formulas of the reactants and products to the right. ALSO USE THE RIGHT SYMBOL!
* Example: Hydrogen + Oxygen H 2 O ( Water) Hydrogen gas reacts with Oxygen gas to produce Dihydrogen oxide(Water)
* Bikes Rusting * Decaying dead body * Plants photosynthesis
* Which one is a skeleton equation ? * A. H 2 + O 2 = H 2 O * B. H + O = H 2 0 * C. H 3 + O 3 = H 2 O CLICK TO SEE ANSWER !
* Create the skeleton equation for, Solid phosphorus burns in oxygen gas to form diphosphorus pentoxide gas.