Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Mark Brinda City of Minneapolis 6.24.14 NORTH MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMMING – A DATA ANALYSIS.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Mark Brinda City of Minneapolis 6.24.14 NORTH MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMMING – A DATA ANALYSIS."— Presentation transcript:

1 Mark Brinda City of Minneapolis NORTH MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMMING – A DATA ANALYSIS

2 Northside Project: DEED program participants exiting in 2013 June 2014 Baseline  There were 3,720 participants from north Minneapolis exiting in 2013; of those, 3,357 were over the age of 16 years; unless otherwise noted, tables below are based on working-age participants. Definitions  Participants = anyone exiting between Jan 1-Dec 31, 2013 from an eligibility-based DEED program whose residence zip code was 55405, 55411, 55412, or  Exiters included people whose exit reasons were “moved from area”, “returned to school”, “sanction/closed” [MFIP], as well as “entered unsubsidized employment”  Working-age participants = participants over the age of 16 years.  Wages = taken from MN Unemployment Insurance Wage Detail; hourly wages less than $4.25 or greater than $90 were excluded from analysis (DEED’s experience is that number of hours worked may rarely be filled in incorrectly). DEED WF1 DATA

3 BY RACE/ETHNICITY & GENDER Race (participants can indicate more than one race)Total exiters # employed Q1 after exit % employed Q1 after exit Ave total wages Q1 after exit Ave hourly wage Q1 after exit Am Indian/Alaskan %$4,216$12.12 Asian, Hawaiian %$4,376$11.62 Black/African Am %$3,799$11.58 White %$5,208$13.96 EthnicityTotal exiters # employed Q1 after exit % employed Q1 after exit Ave total wages Q1 after exit Ave hourly wage Q1 after exit Hispanic %$3,587$10.67 Not Hispanic %$4,055$11.97 GenderTotal exiters # employed Q1 after exit % employed Q1 after exit Ave total wages Q1 after exit Ave hourly wage Q1 after exit Female %$3,951$11.80 Male %$4,246$12.21

4 BY AGE & OFFENDER STATUS AgeTotal exiters # employed Q1 after exit % employed Q1 after exit Ave total wages Q1 after exit Ave hourly wage Q1 after exit years %$2,448$ years %$3,925$ years %$4,632$ years %$5,331$ years %$5,497$14.63 Ex-offenderTotal exiters # employed Q1 after exit % employed Q1 after exit Ave total wages Q1 after exit Ave hourly wage Q1 after exit Yes %$4,108$11.32 No %$4,588$12.84 Not recorded 2367 Customer zip code Total exiters # employed Q1 after exit % employed Q1 after exit Ave total wages Q1 after exit Ave hourly wage Q1 after exit 55411, % $3,857$ , % $4,531$12.70

5 BY EDUCATION AND PROGRAM EducationTotal exiters # employed Q1 after exit % employed Q1 after exit Ave total wages Q1 after exit Ave hourly wage Q1 after exit < HS diploma/GED %$2,769$10.07 HS diploma / GED %$4,144$11.74 Some post-2ndary %$4,947$ year degree or more %$9,108$20.11 Program GroupTotal exiters # employed Q1 after exit % employed Q1 after exit Ave total wages Q1 after exit Ave hourly wage Q1 after exit DHS programs %$3,777$11.55 Dislocated Worker %$8,754$19.69 Local Programs %$3,586$10.82 Youth %$2,006$8.91 Other programs %$4,651$13.22

6 BY INDUSTRY # Employed Q1 % of Total employed Q1 Ave total wages Q1 Ave hourly wage Q1 Ave # hours worked Q1 Construction 35 2% $6,376$ Manufacturing 65 3% $6,121$ Wholesale trade 35 2% $4,519$ Retail trade % $2,657$ Transport & Warehousing 69 4% $4,228$ Information 18 1% $6,236$ Finance & insurance 34 2% $6,474$ Real estate & leasing 34 2% $6,321$ Prof and Tech services 24 1% $7,623$ Company headquarters 38 2% $2,784$ Administrative % $3,032$ Educational 66 3% $3,841$ Health Care & Social % $3,993$ Leisure & Hospitality % $2,314$ Other services 58 3% $3,569$ Public Administration 38 2% $4,694$


Download ppt "Mark Brinda City of Minneapolis 6.24.14 NORTH MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT PROGRAMMING – A DATA ANALYSIS."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google