Presentation on theme: "1. Gregor Mendel used pea plants to study A. flowering. B"— Presentation transcript:
11. Gregor Mendel used pea plants to study A. flowering. B 1. Gregor Mendel used pea plants to study A.flowering. B.gamete formation. C.the inheritance of traits. D.cross-pollination.
22. The principles of probability can be used to A 2.The principles of probability can be used to A .predict the traits of the offspring produced by genetic crosses. B. determine the actual outcomes of genetic crosses. C. predict the traits of the parents used in genetic crosses. D. decide which organisms are best to use in genetic crosses.
33. Organisms that have two identical alleles for a particular trait are said to be(B.4.1A) A. hybrid. B. homozygous. C. heterozygous. D. dominant.
44. What principle states that during gamete formation genes for different traits separate without influencing each other’s inheritance? (B4.1d) A. principle of dominance B. principle of independent assortment C. principle of probabilities D. principle of segregation
55. How many different allele combinations would be found in the gametes produced by a pea plant whose genotype was RrYY? A. 2 B. 4 C. 8 D. 16
66. Situations in which one allele for a gene is not completely dominant over another allele for that gene are called (B.41c) A. multiple alleles. B. incomplete dominance. C. polygenic inheritance. D. multiple genes.
77. How many chromosomes are shown in a normal human karyotype. (B. 4 7. How many chromosomes are shown in a normal human karyotype?(B.4.3e) A. 2 B. 23 C. 44 D. 46
88. In humans, a male has A. one X chromosome only. B. two X chromosomes. C. one X chromosome and one Y chromosome. D. two Y chromosomes.
99. Which of the following is determined by multiple alleles?(B4.1c) A. Red Green color blindness B. ABO blood group C. Hemophilia D. Down Syndrome
1010. Which of the following genotypes result in the same phenotype. (B4 10. Which of the following genotypes result in the same phenotype?(B4.1c) A. AA and AB B. BB and BO C. BB and AB D. BO and OO
1111. A phenotype that results from a dominant allele must have at least _____ dominant allele(s) present in the parent(s).(B4.1c) A. one B. two C. three D. four
1212. The failure of chromosomes to separate during meiosis is called A 12.The failure of chromosomes to separate during meiosis is called A. nondisjunction. B. X-chromosome inactivation. C. Turner’s syndrome. D. Down syndrome.
1313. Which of the following combinations of sex chromosomes represents a female? A. XY B. XXY C. XXXY D. XXX
1414. A heterozygous organism is best described as which of these. (B4 14. A heterozygous organism is best described as which of these?(B4.1e) A. dominant B. genotype C. hybrid D. true-breeding
1515. Colorblindness is more common in males than in females because(B4 15. Colorblindness is more common in males than in females because(B4.1c) A. fathers pass the allele for colorblindness to their sons only. B. the allele for colorblindness is located on the Y chromosome. C. the allele for colorblindness is recessive and located on the X chromosome. D. males who are colorblind have two copies of the allele for colorblindness.
1616.If a man with the genotype AO and a woman with the genotype BO produce an offspring, what might be the offspring’s blood type?(B4.1c) A. AB or O B. A, B, or O C. A, B, AB, or O D. AB only
17What is this?Phenotype C. KaryotypeGenotype D. tetrad
1818. How many chromosomes are in this karyotype? 23224647
1919 . Picture of the paired chromosomes is A. A karyotype B. A genotype C. A phenotype D . None of the above
2020. What caused the extra chromosome in this karyotype. A. Mutation C 20. What caused the extra chromosome in this karyotype? A. Mutation C. Meiosis B Nondisjunction D. Mitosis
2121. What is the genotype of the unknown bunny? LL C. llLl D. LLll
2222. What type of inheritance is shown above? Multiple alleles C. codominanceX linked trait D. none of the above
2323 A pea plant homozygous for the trait of smooth seeds is crossed with a pea plant that is homozygous for the trait of wrinkled seeds.The first generation produces seeds that are all smooth.What percent of the second-generation plants will have smooth seeds when the F1 generation is self-fertilized? (B4.1c)100 C. 2550 D. 75