Presentation on theme: "Work Plan The ILO International Labour Standard and Supervisory Mechanisims ILO/Actrave A3-00391 Course, Turin 14 February – 11 March 2005 Project Title."— Presentation transcript:
Work Plan The ILO International Labour Standard and Supervisory Mechanisims ILO/Actrave A3-00391 Course, Turin 14 February – 11 March 2005 Project Title : Unknowledge of The ILO Convention No. 87 and No. 98 Starting Date : 1 st April, 2005 Duration of Project : 10 months Project Language : English Preparation date : 4 February 2005 Author : Ploenpit Srisiri, THAILAND
1. Blackground – ayalyses of the problems Thailand have not ratified the ILO Convention No. 87 (Freedom of Association) and No. 98 (Collective Bargaining). Alls the workers, lack of this knowledge, also, Women Workers Unity Groups (WWUG). Both conventions is very useful for the workers, so that, the education programme must be necessary for the workers.
2. Tarket Groups and other parties to be involved – analyses of stakeholders/participation Tarket groups The women leaders in industrial area-based coalition (2 groups) 1. the city union 2. the outskirts union The women leaders in state enterprise section Implementers - Women Workers Unity Group ( WWUG ) Decission - The Executive committee of WWUG Finence -FES-Thailand and WWUG
3. Long-term Objective The goal and overall aims of the project The tarket groups must have the knowledge and understanding how useful of the ILO Convention No. 87 and No. 98 and how to used the International Labour Standard Supervisory Mechanisms. And come to be a resource person in the future.
4. Immediate Objectives – purpose of the project / expected outcomes Alls the women leaders have known and understanding for the two core Conventions and how to use the ILS Mechanisms. And have the education programmes in their owns union. That was going on to the seminar or workshop for how to take pressure to the government to ratified The Convention No. 87 (Freedom of association) and No. 98 (Collective Bargainging).
5. Key Outputs/Direct Results – products to be produced by the project 1. The women leaders group must have a knowledge and understanding the two cores conventions No. 87 Freedom of Association and No. 98 Collective Bargaining. 2. The women leaders group have to understanding how to use the ILS Mechanisms. 3. The women leaders group can used these knowledge and the understanding by planning the education programmes in their unions.
6. Activities – ways and means to eliminate the causes of the problems and to achieve the immediate objectives The Training Programme for the Women Leadership What about the ILO Convention NO. 87 and No. 98 1. The women leaders in industrial area-based coalition in group1(the city unions) (Bangkok and surrounding 5 provinces) which have more than 50 leaders and a lot of members in controlled and a power in activities 2. The women leaders in state enterprises section, which have about 42 leaders and have a lot of members for 3. The women leaders in industrial area-based coalition in group 2. (the outskirts union) By the out of city, have to plan for the communication and which place is suitable for this activity and for 20 leaders.So that The Method of the training:- - to have a pre-test - a resource person - to get knowledge - group works-discussion - brainstorm for case study - presentation - evaluation ( daily and the end of course ) For all three groups have a meeting and workshop with WWUG on December2005, and to take action to the Labour Ministry and the Government on 2006
7. Main Inputs – resources necessary to implement the proposed activities Documents form ILO in Thailand -with Thai language A resource person who have experience in Freedom of Association training section Case Study in Trade Union Movement The budgets :- - FES/Thailand - ILO ( request from other International Fund) - WWUG
8. Indicators of Achievement – measurement of results 1. The women leaders in industrial area-based coalition in group 1 (the city unions) 2. The women leaders in state enterprises section, 3. The women leaders in industrial area-based coalition in group 2. (the outskirts union) For all three groups have a meeting with WWUG for once a month by WWUG appointment.
9. Monitoring / Reporting / Evaluation Procedures The Education Section –have to evaluation after finish the programme –to report to the WWUG Committee WWUG Committee have a meeting once a month - to discussion the problem of the members - to follow up the last issue from last month - to discussion in education programme how to improve ( sometime to do immediate ) - to decide to contribute the education programme of the request union
10. Preliminary Budget Proposal Item Local Currency US$ Food / room 50,000x5 times 250,000 Baht 5,000 Euro Transportation 50,000x5 times 250,000 Baht 5,000 Euro Communication 5,000x5 times 25,000 Baht 500 Euro Seminar room 5,000x5 times 25,000 Baht 500 Euro Materials 10,000x5 times 50,000 Baht 1,000 Euro Total 120,000x5 times 600,000 Baht 12,000 Euro