Presentation on theme: "Distributed Systems and Network Planning. Distributed Systems and Network Planning The specialisation aims to provide students with the ability to undertake."— Presentation transcript:
Distributed Systems and Network Planning The specialisation aims to provide students with the ability to undertake the construction of large scale information processing systems and communication facilities. Students are provided with knowledge and understanding of system architecture and topology and their impact on system performance and reliability as well as planning and management methodologies for large scale communication networks. The specialization comprises three semesters covering; system design and system analysis, where the former focuses on design methodologies according to the well known lattice of analysis, design, implementation and test and the latter on advanced analysis w.r.t. performance and reliability.
Semesters ● 8. sem: System Design ● 9. sem: Performance Analysis and Network Planning ● 10. sem: Thesis
8. sem: System Design Project work is based on an existing information processing problem, where the provision of a large scale distributed information processing system comprises a solution. The problem is analysed with respect to requirements for functionality, capacity, quality of service and reliability. Candidates for system architecture including topology and technology are suggested among a variety of possibilities. A system architecture is selected based on requirement specification and partly implemented. Parts of the implementation is tested towards major functional and quantitative system requirements.
8. sem: Courses ● Ingeniøransvar 1 ECTS SE ● Neural Network and Fuzzy logic 1 ECTS ● Network Management 1 ECTS ● Analysis and design of fault tolerant distributed realtime systems 1 ECTS ● Traffic analysis 1 1 ECTS ● Kommunikationssystemer 2 1 ECTS ● Self learning Systems 2 ECTS ● Human Computer Interaction 1 ECTS ● Graph Theory 2 ECTS
8. sem: Project examples ● RT-modelling og Sonofons MSN network through DNC ● Quality of Service for Computer Gaming – An Evaluation of DiffServ ●
9. sem: System Analysis Project work is based on an existing large scale information processing problem. An initial design may be conducted and made subject to analysis or analysis may be performed on an existing design. Emphasis may be put solely on the communication facility and the associated network planning. Analysis is focussed on quantitative aspects such as capacity and Quality of Service including reliability and availability as well as economic aspects. Analysis may be conducted through mathematical modelling, simulation or testing.
● Discrete Event Systems 1 ECTS ● Traffic Analysis II 1ECTS ● Wireless Networks III 1ECTS ● Network Modelling Tools 1ECTS ● Network Planning Tools 1ECTS ● Geographical Information Systems 1ECTS ● Network Management 1 ECTS ● Hybrid Systems ● Stochastic Models for Information Processing 1 ECTS 9. sem courses
9. sem: Project examples ● P2P Internet Radio System – Based on Kademlia ● Multipurpose Wireless LAN using Bluetooth ● Airport Ground Vehicle Surveillance System ● Developing a Robust Protocol for Wireless Fire Alarms ● Routing Protocol Evaluation for a Battlefield Communication System ● Wireless Network in Warehouse using Bluetooth ● Analysis, Design and Prototype Implementation of Bluetooth Scatternet Carrying MPEG-4 Video Traffic ● TOMPED
9. sem: Project Examples ● Distribueret Kedelstyringssystem ● Provision of Highly Available IP-based services ● Performance Optimization in Wireless Multi-hop Networks via Analytic Models ● Optimization of Downlink Throughput for Cellular WCDMA systems using Markov Decision Processes ● Energy-Efficient Operation of Bluetooth Networks ● Trådløst Sensornetværk til Staldsystemer ● Satelite Ground Station Network
Road Map ud af DIRS Distributed Systems CSR, TTPCOM, Texas Instruments, BLIP-systems, Ericsson, Siemens, ETI, Gatehouse, Vestas, FLS Automation, Skov A/S, Systematic, DATOR (Crisplant), Migatronic, Terma, Grundfos, B&O, Danfoss (Sauer/Drives), RTX, CISS,....