Presentation on theme: "WORLD WAR II REVIEW. 1. It changed the minds of many Americans who didn’t want to go to war."— Presentation transcript:
WORLD WAR II REVIEW
1. It changed the minds of many Americans who didn’t want to go to war.
2. To win the war in Europe first.
3. They were locked up in internment camps for the duration of the war
4. Produced materials to encourage support for the war and to promote the sale of war bonds.
5. Pearl Harbor Battle of Midway Battle of Guadalcanal Battle of Iwo Jima Battle of Okinawa Hiroshima Nagasaki VJ Day
6. He was the leader of the Naval forces in the Pacific
7. The Dropping of the Atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki
8. The first African American fighter plane squadron. They received the Distinguished Unit Citation.
9. Multiple countries in Europe, North Africa, The Pacific islands.
10. Leaders of the Nazi party were put on trial for war crimes
11. Eisenhower-leader of U.S. forces in Europe. MacArthur- leader of ground forces in the Pacific. Marshall-Army Chief of staff in charge of supplies. Patton-Commanded the 3 rd Army in the invasion of France and Germany
12. Loaning War supplies to Great Britain and Soviet Union so we could help without going to war.
13. The Navajo
14. It ended the Great Depression by providing jobs and getting the economy moving again.
15. Locking up Japanese- Americans during the war for National Security.
16. Buying of war bonds, enlistment in the military, and following rationing rules.
17. A. Philip Randolph- Worked with FDR to help end discrimination in the work place.
18. United States Soviet Union Great Britain France China
19. Germany Italy Japan
20. Citizens were issued ration coupon books.
21. Because of the fact it caused massive damage and suffering; however, it saved American lives by not invading Japan.
22. American troops were forced to leave the Philippines, many American troops died along the way.
23. Many women worked in war production factories in the U.S.
24. D-Day, June 6, opened up the Western front for Allies to invade Europe.