Presentation on theme: "Created By: Ms. Allen Shamrock Middle. Gingivitis Swollen Gums Gum Bleeding Infection in your mouth."— Presentation transcript:
Created By: Ms. Allen Shamrock Middle
Gingivitis Swollen Gums Gum Bleeding Infection in your mouth
Plaque The Most Common Cause of Gingivitis Soft Sticky Colorless Film of Bacteria Above the Gum-line
How to Prevent Gingivitis Proper Daily Brushing of Teeth Proper Daily Flossing Regular Professional Cleanings (Every 6 months)
How to Brush Properly Gently Brush From Where Your Teeth and Gums Meet Brush the Outer Tooth Surface in a Circular Motion 2-3 Teeth at a Time Use Up and Down Motions when Brushing the Inner Teeth Tilt Brush Vertically Behind Front Teeth and Make Several Up and Down Motions
How to Brush Cont. Brush After Every Meal or At Least Twice a Day Brush 2-3 Minutes Each Time Replace Toothbrush Every 3 to 4 Months
How to Floss Gently guide floss between the teeth by using a zigzag motion Slide floss up and down against the tooth surface and under the gum-line. Floss each tooth thoroughly with a clean section of floss.
How to Floss Cont. Brushing without flossing is like washing only 65% of your body. The other 35% remains dirty ! The American Dental Association recommends that you floss at least once a day.