Presentation on theme: "Six Sets of Muscles: By Jason Lai"— Presentation transcript:
1Six Sets of Muscles: By Jason Lai Task: Locate, list and bookmark at least 6 different muscle sets of the body and provide an example of one set in action completing an everyday task.
21. Arm Muscle Sets:The arm muscle sets are located in your arms (including the part where they connect with the trunk) and they help you to stretch, exercise , grab things , write and many more. Without your arm muscles, you wouldn’t be able to do nearly anything. There are 2 pairs of muscles working together called the triceps brachii and biceps brachii. One of them contracts while another relaxes.
32. Leg Muscle SetThe leg muscle set are obviously located in your legs and help you to run, climb, walk, march, hop, jump and many other things. They go from the toes to all the way to your hip. Without these, you would not be able to go walking, drive and go anywhere at all! There are several muscle groups in here like the hamstrings. Sometimes when you fall down you can see your muscles been tore a bit. It takes time to heal.
43. Head Muscle SetYour head is one of the most important things in the body. The muscles in your head allows you to make up to 600 different feelings! They allow you to lift your eyebrows up, move your lips, open and close your eyelids and move your cheeks. Without it, you wouldn’t be able to eat, breathe, see and smell. There are fewer muscles and muscle groups in the head but they all play an important role.
54.Chest Muscle SetThe chest muscle set is located in the trunk (body) and allows you to inflate when you breathe in and deflate when you breathe out and many more. People would get disgusted if there was no chest muscle set, people won’t like each other and no one would want to touch you. All muscles play an important role and they even help protect your heart and lungs.
65. Neck Muscle SetThe neck muscle set is situated between your head and your trunk. It is essential for looking, saying yes and no and also other things. There are only a few of these muscles. Without it, you wouldn’t be able to turn your head, move your head, food won’t be able to go to your stomach properly and you might have heartburn(when the acid in the stomach rises to the oesophagus) . It also helps air go through your trachea (or windpipe) properly.
76. Back Muscle SetYour back muscles are located behind your chest muscles. They can be used for bending, stretching, standing , sitting and many more. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to sit, crouch, stand and you wouldn’t be able to hold a certain posture for anymore than second. Your back muscles protect the backbone or spine and also the internal organs like the heart (not the brain though).