Presentation on theme: "Název školyIntegrovaná střední škola technická, Vysoké Mýto, Mládežnická 380 Číslo a název projektuCZ.1.07/1.5.00/34.0374 Inovace vzdělávacích metod EU."— Presentation transcript:
Název školyIntegrovaná střední škola technická, Vysoké Mýto, Mládežnická 380 Číslo a název projektuCZ.1.07/1.5.00/ Inovace vzdělávacích metod EU - OP VK Číslo a název klíčové aktivityII/2 – Inovace a zkvalitnění výuky cizích jazyků na středních školách Autor Věra Soušková Číslo materiálu VY_22_INOVACE_ANJ_3S1,2N_SO_29_29 Název Australia Druh učebního materiálu Prezentace PowerPoint Předmět Anglický jazyk Ročník 3. roč. SŠ, 1,2.roč. nástavbového studia Tématický celek Konverzace: English Speaking Countries Anotace Výkladová prezentace o Austrálii seznámí žáky se základními informacemi o této zemi. Metodický pokyn Prezentace s využitím dataprojektoru na 45 minut. Instrukce přímo na jednotlivých snímcích. Klíčová slova Australia, states, territories, population, government, cities, geography Očekávaný výstup Žáci získají poznatky o Austrálii a v závěru prezentace odpoví na kvízové otázky. Obohatí si slovní zásobu k tématu, procvičí si ústní projev- vyjadřují své názory, diskutují na dané téma. Datum vytvoření
Write down at least five points that are connected with Australia 1.______________________________________ ________ 2.______________________________________ ________ 3.______________________________________ ________ 4.______________________________________ ________ 5.______________________________________ ________ 6.______________________________________ ________ 7.______________________________________ ________ 8.______________________________________ ________ 9.______________________________________ ________ 10.______________________________________ _______
-It is both the world´s largest island and the smallest continent. -It is the only continent which is a single country -It is the world's sixth-largest country by total area - 7,692,024 km 2 -It is located south off Asia between the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Neighbouring countries include: -Indonesia, East Timor and Papua New Guinea to the north -the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and New Caledonia to the north-east -New Zealand to the south-east
- People in Australia are called "Australians." -The country has a population of just over 20 million. - Australia is a federal state. -Its official title is the Commonwealth of Australia. - The capital city: Canberra - Formally, the head of state is the Monarch of the United Kingdom, currently Elizabeth II. - The real power is in the government. -The head of the government: the Prime Minister - Official language: English - Currency: Australian dollar
Australia is made up of six states: New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania (=an island), Victoria, and Western Australia—and two territories—the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) - and numerous smaller islands in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
Australia was originally inhabited by Aboriginal tribes. In 1788, the first colony was established in New South Wales. Gold was discovered soon thereafter and Australia became a destination for immigrants seeking fortune and a new start in life. Aboriginal Flag
Captain James Cook, (7 November, 1728– 14 February, 1779) was a British explorer, navigator and cartographer who made three voyages to the Pacific Ocean, during which he achieved the first European contact with the eastern coastline of Australia and the Hawaiian Islands. Cook claimed Australia for Britain in 1770.
Botany Bay is a bay in Sydney, New South Wales, a few kilometres south off the Sydney central business district. On 29 April 1770, Botany Bay was the site of James Cook's first landing of HMS Endeavour (=Royal Navy research vessel) on the continent of Australia.
- The centre is mostly a desert - There are tropical regions in the north with heavy rain -The south is milder with hot summers and cool winters - Bushfires are a common feature in the Australian environment
The GREAT BARRIER REEF, the world's largest coral reef, lies a short distance off the north-east coast and extends for over 2,000 kilometres (1,240 mi).
- It is located in Western Australia - It has a central ridge which is almost 8 km long - Mt. Augustus is more than twice the size of Uluru - It stands 1,106 m above the sea level, approximately 860 m above the surrounding plain, and covers an area of 4,795 ha
- also known as Ayers Rock, is a large sandstone rock formation in the southern part of the Northern Territory, central Australia. It lies 335 km (208 mi) south west of the nearest large town, Alice Springs.
MOUNT KOSCIUSZKO - is a mountain located in the Snowy Mountains in Kosciuszko National Park. With the height of 2,228 metres (7,310 ft) above sea level, it is the highest mountain in Australia - The range contains the five highest peaks on the Australian mainland, all above 2,100 metres (6,890 feet). They are located in southern New South Wales and are part of the larger Australian Alps and the Great Dividing Range
- is Australia's most substantial mountain range and the third longest in the world -The range stretches more than 3,500 kilometres (2,175 mi) - The width of the range varies from about 160 km (100 mi) to over 300 km (190 mi) The Great Divide dominates the eastern Australia landmass
Sydney is the most populous city in Australia and the state capital of New South Wales. Sydney is located on Australia's south-east coast of the Tasman Sea. As of June 2010, the greater metropolitan area had an approximate population of 4.6 million people.
- is the capital city of Australia - it‘s population is over 418,000 - it is Australia's largest inland city and the eighth- largest city overall - the city is located at the northern end of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
- is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria - is the second most populous city in Australia - The metropolis is located on the large natural bay known as Port Phillip - It is a financial and a commercial centre
- (TAS, often called Tassie) is an Australian island and state - is promoted as the natural state, the "Island of Inspiration - Almost 37% of Tasmania lies in reserves, national parks and World Heritage Sites - The state capital and largest city is Hobart
- consists of a huge variety of animals for example: platypus, spiders, scorpions, octopus, jellyfish, molluscs, stingrays, koalas, Tasmanian tiger, the Dingo, emu, cockatoo, kangaroo, crocodile, Australian sheep …
1. Australia is located between the two oceans: THE INDIAN AND THE PACIFIC 2. The Commonwealth of Australia consists of: 6 states and 2 territories New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia—and the Northern Territory and the Australian Capital Territory 3. The highest mountain of Australia is Mt. Kosciusko (2,228m)
4. A member of the dark-skinned people who were the earliest inhabitants of Australia is ABORIGINAL, also called Australian Aborigine 5. Australia is greatest producer of _______________ in the world. WOOL 6. The largest city is _________________, the capital city is ________________, the second largest city _______________ SYDNEY, CANBERRA, MELBOURNE
The Australian Union The Republic of Australia The United States of Australia The Commonwealth of Australia
This is the Aboriginal flag This is the flag of New Zealand. This is the flag of Australia The Commonwealth Star is missing in this flag.
Panda Dingo Platypus Koala
New South Wales Nova Scotia Queensland Tasmania is an Australian state, the capital is Sydney. is a province in Canada is an Australian state, the capital is Brisbane. Is an Australian state, the capital is Hobbart
Abel 'Tasman' Cook James Cook Mount Cook Thomas Cook ABEL TASMAN was a Dutch explorer, his name definitely wasn't COOK. JAMES COOK was a British explorer, he first landed in Botany Bay in 1770, mapped the western coast and claimed it for Britain MOUNT COOK is the highest mountain in New Zealand. THOMAS COOK ( ) was a traveller
Handball Football Cricket Rugby
Alice Springs Great Dividing Range Great Barrier Ree f Ayers Rock
Zdroje: NEZNÁMÝ. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: ction%29.svg ction%29.svg NEZNÁMÝ. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: THOMAS. Wikipedia.cz [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: NEZNÁMÝ. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: DANCE. wikipedia.cz [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: HILL. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: _harbour.jpg _harbour.jpg ATKINS. wikipedia.cz [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: ast_of_New_Holland%2C_by_Samuel_Atkins_c.1794.jpg ast_of_New_Holland%2C_by_Samuel_Atkins_c.1794.jpg EVANS. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: g=cs g=cs VAN DER HOEVEN. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: CHUQ. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW:
NASA. wikipedia commons [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: MARTYMAN. [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: climate-map_MJC01.png climate-map_MJC01.png DILIFF. wikipedia.org [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: SUMMI. wikimedia Commons [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: KLAUSF. wikipedia commons [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: AENNEKEN. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: BLANCHARD. commons.wikimedia [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: HARRISON. wikipedia commons [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: NASA. wikipedia.org [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW:
HUNTSTER. wikipedia commons [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: NEZNÁMÝ. wikipedia.org [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: NEZNÁMÝ. wikipedia.org [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: NEZNÁMÝ. wikipedia.org [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: NASA. wikipedia.org [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: DILIFF. wikipedia.org [online]. [cit ]. Dostupný na WWW: