Presentation on theme: "Przewodnik historyczny po Grabowie i okolicy. The construction of the current building of the church started in 1903 and finished in 1917 according to."— Presentation transcript:
The construction of the current building of the church started in 1903 and finished in 1917 according to Tomasz Pajzderski’s plan. Before there were four buildings in the place of the current church.
In 1944 there was a parachute dump of Cichociemni in Paprotnia. Polish soldiers took over droped packages with money, guns, documents and also the Cichociemni. This monument is placed next to The Municipal Office in Grabow nad Pilica.
This monument was built during the Swedes invasion. In 1656 the day before of the main battle there was the fight between the armies. This monument was built as a memorial of that event in the place of the death of the Swedish general.
The current building of the Municipal Office was an office of the guards during the partition of Poland. It was rebuilt in the sixties. The current building of the Municipal Office was an office of the border guards during the partition of Poland. It was rebuilt in the sixties.
There are graves of the soldiers from diffrent countries with diffrent religions, who died during the war. They are destroyed and marked only with metal crosses. There is also a mound with the plinth commemorating the fallen people in 1918- 1920.
In these graves rest The soldiers who died in 1944 at the beachhead Warka – Magnuszew. On the tombstone there are inscribed 66 names of the soldiers.
On the present school grounds there was the manor house of Komorniccy with the park and pond. Currently there is a school bulding and also some old tress and small pound as well.
On the churchyard of Grabow there is a tomb Komornicki family, who were the owners of Grabow’s property in XIX century. The grave is quite large and it is surrounded by a wall of bricks. There are black plaques with inscribed names of deceased members of the family.
Thank you for your attention! The presentation was prepared by Karolina Durajczyk