Presentation on theme: "The primary school in Tłuszcz has been since 1867. At the beginning it was a wooden hut with a straw roof in Wiejska street. In front of the building,"— Presentation transcript:
The primary school in Tłuszcz has been since At the beginning it was a wooden hut with a straw roof in Wiejska street. In front of the building, there was a porch. Inside there was only one staff room and a kitchen. One teacher was also a headmaster. There were 4 classes on 2 shift at school.
In the years between wars, the school was still in the old building but since 1935 the lessons were in a new wooden building in Warszawska street. There were 7 classes When the Second World War broke out, the school building was taken buy German soldiers and primary teaching was under the German control in different places until 1942 when German soldiers left.
The present school building was build between April 1964 and October 1965 in Kościelna street. In the new school there were 22 teachers and 800 students but the number was increasing very fast. Since 1973 the school has become The Commural School. In the years of there was also a secondary school and Psychological Guidance Service.
Nowadays there are over 600 students on the school who study for 6 years. The school has got sports classes where students. train, basketball, volleyball, running. They’re got 8 hours of P-E in a week.
Pupils also learn Polish, English, Maths, Scinece, Art, Music. They’re got a break for lunch at The school works on 2 shifts. It starts 8 a.m. and finishes at 5 p.m. After lessons there are ‘after school activities’ such as subjects clubs, sports and others Students have got their own school newspaper called ‘The Break’
In may 2005 our school got the name of John Paul II. Eweryone is very proud of it’s name because John Paul II was and still is very admired by Polish peple
The File of Banner FoundationThe File of The Given Name